you just got to laugh..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder if there is something else here at work...

If these ads are meant to attract non-divers or relatively new divers, maybe their marketing research has shown that this group associates danglies with scuba in some way, otherwise the viewer may think it's a snorkeler.

Or perhaps in some twisted way, the designers of the ad feel that haivng the danglies verifies that the person has the neccessary safety gear.

Anyway, I think you have all hit the nail in the sense that an organizaiotn like PADI (huge and hugely successful) does things with purpose, though many disagree with the validity fo the purpose.

I am sure PADI had a reason for the highly visible nature of the danglies in this photo, and I would be curous as heck to know what it is...

Rick Inman:
There, I fixed it...

LMAO.....Andy's finally famous...LOL

Another Sunday night wine drinker! I'm doing the same with my fiance while I watch The Contender. The best reality show I've seen since the original Survivor.

HEY!!

i want my model's fee and share of the "per click" profits on that picture!

i was in rare form that day...

notice how i expertly avoided self-entanglement

Hey, everyone has a purpose. They can always serve as a bad example!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom