You know the type

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I gotta say I am confused.

Most of the time I read threads on here about the dive buddy that was never around. Now, I read about the dive buddy that is too close.

Some people just cant be pleased I guess.

RICHinNC:
Ok, I gotta say I am confused.

Most of the time I read threads on here about the dive buddy that was never around. Now, I read about the dive buddy that is too close.

Some people just cant be pleased I guess.

You are not wrong there.

It reminds me of when people complain that OW certification today is too watered down, too brief and doesn't cover enough.

Then they state that you shouldn't go straight from OW into AOW, treating it as one longer certification process.:confused:

On the other hand, I certainly agreee that

waterbearer:
I like my buddies close...but not up my ***.

I dove with an AOW diver the other day and he was extremely close on the first dive and then not close at all on the second dive. I was wondering why the sudden opposites...

waterbearer:
I dove with an AOW diver the other day and he was extremely close on the first dive and then not close at all on the second dive. I was wondering why the sudden opposites...
Was he a new-to-you buddy? I stay close until I feel comfortable with a new buddy, although not mask up the butt close. I have knee'd a "buddy" for being too close once.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

do it easy:
Was he a new-to-you buddy? I stay close until I feel comfortable with a new buddy, although not mask up the butt close. I have knee'd a "buddy" for being too close once.

Yes, I'd never dove with him before. But he was a fantastic diver. I just wondered about the parallels.

When I first started reading your post...I thought it was going to to go a different way. :wink:

waterbearer:
Yes, I'd never dove with him before. But he was a fantastic diver. I just wondered about the parallels.

When I first started reading your post...I thought it was going to to go a different way. :wink:
I dove in fresh water with a friend who had only done her checkout dives in fresh water, maybe 2 years ago. She wasn't used to the low vis at first, and stuck pretty close, but towards the end of the dive, she was much more comfortable and actually brought up the rear. I think that she was in awe and wanted to watch the group flow through the water. This was probably her 5th dive in fresh water and she said it was amazing. Go figure?

LMAO ;;spitting up iced-tea all over my keyboard;;

You guys are soooo right!!

Plife

Back
Top Bottom