You might be a scuba addict if...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coach_izzy:
  • The sound of compressed air hissing gets your attention, no matter where you are.
  • The clanking of metal on metal is music to your ears.
  • You will use ANY cheese excuse to head over the LDS.
  • You will spend countless minutes browsing for accessories and other crap you don't really need.
  • You agree there's no such thing as too much gear.
  • You will iluminate the bedroom with your dive light.
  • You've been busted putting your mask on in the shower.
  • The smell of neoprene turns you on.
  • The gear goes in the climate controlled closet. The clothes go to the attic.
  • You've mastered the art of turning the shower into a rinsing station
  • You know that Guanaja is not in Mexico.
  • Your portable electronics are either water resistant, or in a water proof case.
  • You get anxy for the next episode of "Deep Sea Detectives" and are buying the entire collection.
  • You've read "Shadow Divers" at least 3 times.
  • You agree that "Shark Week" sucks.
  • When you get sick, the first question you ask your doctor is "When will I be able to go back to diving"
  • Any medical procedure that you need done is preceeded by "How's this going to interfere with my diving?"
  • Any body of water makes you ponder "I wonder what the visibility is down there, maybe I would need a light".
  • You spent countless hour in this board :D
Ask my beloved wife, she can corrobarate any of the points :wink:

Lol, all true!!
Oh i'm hooked bad :14:.

• You're seriously p'ed off when someone messes up your dive with their poor finning technique.
  • You wash your gear lovingly after each dive and whisper sweet nothings to it :07:.
Hehe.....

EDIT -Rumbum I love your nickname :),
Fellow rum addict :D.

BTW does anyone ever find themselves during a dive or afterwards wondering what soft coral like sponges would taste like??

I'm serious................. really :D :D :D.

-You take care of your Scuba gear better than your car
-The most expensive suit you own is a drysuit
-Whenever entering a store you look at every item and wonder how you could relate it to diving
-You stay up till 3 AM designing some new diving gizmo while you should be studying for an upcomming exam
-The only reason you feel it necessary to go home from college is to dive
-Addicted to weather/marine forecasts
-Whenever not diving reading about diving.

You spend more time reading the posts on Scubaboard than homework, work-work or working around the house!

When you wake up you go to the comp to read the new posts, and do the same when you get home from work.

Your last honey do list started with Before you get on Scuba Board..... :D

Boss told me the other day I had to travel...... my first thought was to locate the LDS where I was going and what gear to pack, and oh ya guess I should include some time to vist the customer

I have to admit that when I have non Scuba time like right now in Canada I spend WAY too much time on this board. But I'm going back to Mexico on Friday and then I'm going to spend an enitre month in Yap, Palau and Truk with a beautiful woman from California. Lord, I don't need no Mercedes Benz...

You might be a scuba addict if...
- you strategically time and spread your gear and gadget purchases across multiple credit cards to not raise any flags with the spouse
- your dive gear takes up more room in the van than your two kids' hockey gear (put together)
- even when you're Googleing for work-related travel, you begin your search with the words "scuba diving"
- when you're not diving, you're reading about diving, surfing the web for scuba-related info, or you're right here on SB!

all very good guides for knowing when youre addicted. I figured it out when after a big rain i looked on the side of road and saw water pooling up around 2-3 ft and i was wondering how long my dive time could be if i took a dive.

Back
Top Bottom