You MUST go see the WHALE SHARKS!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FuzzyNutz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just came back from the Invasion, which was freakin' AWESOME, and some of us went on an excursion to see the sharks at Isla Mujeres. It was easily the highlight of the trip!! If you're in the area when these guys are around, GO SEE THEM!!

[video=youtube_share;e5YQGGNwqnA]http://youtu.be/e5YQGGNwqnA[/video]

(and because I know it will be asked, it was a GoPro with a SRP blurfix, polarizing filter, and on a monopod :wink:)

I was staying on Isla Mujeres during the invasion and did the whale shark trip while there also, could have been the same day you guys were there, were over 50 boats there that day.

Totally agree, well worth it, a must do, loved seeing them in the blue water.

All I can say is some of those whale sharks were huge!!!! Hard to believe something gets that big eating something so small.

Good job on the video.

Fabulous video!!!! Please tell me more about this excursion. We are back to Coz for a week in Nov & again in January. Missed seeing any in April or January.

Fabulous video!!!! Please tell me more about this excursion. We are back to Coz for a week in Nov & again in January. Missed seeing any in April or January.

I don't know the name of the operator we used, but we had to take the first ferry over to Playa at 6:00AM, where we were picked up close by the dock and travelled to Cancun by van. Then we got on a boat for about 40 min until we were where the sharks were. Afterwards, we stopped by the beach at Isla Mujeres (never stepped on land, but waded in 3' water... which was PERFECT in my opinion!) to have fresh shrimp ceviche, guacamole, and cervezas! The scenery was beautiful, sparkling clear blue water, white "ashtray" sand (the softest sand my feet ever felt!), not a cloud in the sky, and the food was delicious!

I could not finish it because the "music" was so annoying.

You must not have made it very far into the video then :wink:

The guide on our boat said the whale sharks are only there between July and September. It was an awesome experience.

Video is great, john. Thanks for sharing. Keeps the memory alive. :D

I was staying on Isla Mujeres during the invasion and did the whale shark trip while there also

You were? You did? How about a report? Would love to hear about it!

Thanks for posting, John! We had dozens Saturday when we went, too.
I had a memory card error, so I left the camera on the boat and reveled in the experience. good to have some video of it, and I didn't have to carry the camera!

Back
Top Bottom