Your #1 resort/hotel/motel/rental recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Name of resort/hotel/motel...: Villa on Dunbar Rock
Number of times I've stayed there: 20+
Date that I last stayed there: July 2009
Dive OP recommendation if not located on premise: Dive Op on premise

Little Cayman Beach Resort, been there 5 or 6 times, last time appx. 1 year ago.

went there in '07 & Dominica last summer---IMO, Dominica kicks it's tail---for both diving & esp topwater stuff to do----> think Pirates of the Caribbean.....

EDIT:good example: check out(link below) the number of albums I have Dominica vs LC---ie 10 vs 6..
http://s176.photobucket.com/home/GEAUXtiger/allalbums

I was hoping that this thread would continue with the intent of having a central location for "The best of the best".:wink:

Name of resort/hotel/motel...: Little Cayman Beach Resort
Number of times I've stayed there: 1
Date that I last stayed there: May 2009
Dive OP recommendation if not located on premise: OP

Best dive vacation to date and we are returning this May. (15th - 22nd)

I was hoping that this thread would continue with the intent of having a central location for "The best of the best".:wink:

That's not very realistic as this is just personal opinions by a few SB members. It is also just comment on a "dive resort" and not necessarily the best diving destination, or the best overall experience, or the best place for XXXX type of diving....

Scuba Diving Magazine does a similar poll every year and publishes it in their magazine. It is also just a group of personal opinions by a select group of divers who happen to fill out their poll online, not every diver worldwide. It has some relevance, I do look at the results and sometimes I agree, sometimes I am baffled by results, and sometimes I use it for info towards a future trip.

robin

That's not very realistic as this is just personal opinions by a few SB members.
That's all I'm looking for.:D

I've also been dumbfounded at the reported destinations within dive magazines. Having said that, I've had a like-feeling when reading TripAdvisor reports. Nonetheless, they too are from a person's perspective, and subject to interpretation.

I'm just looking for everyone's favorite. The more complicated, or larger the question base is, the less likely people are to contribute.

Speaking of contributing....Your favorite place is???:wink:

That's all I'm looking for.:D

I've also been dumbfounded at the reported destinations within dive magazines. Having said that, I've had a like-feeling when reading TripAdvisor reports. Nonetheless, they too are from a person's perspective, and subject to interpretation.

I'm just looking for everyone's favorite. The more complicated, or larger the question base is, the less likely people are to contribute.

Speaking of contributing....Your favorite place is???:wink:

I already posted mine. :cool2: and as I said, it is my favorite "dive resort", not necessarily the best diving, or best anything else.

TripAdvisor is the last place any diver should be searching for info on a destination to DIVE. 99% of the people posting there are afraid of the water, they don't dive and think the ocean is full of sharks out to get them, and they have completely different needs than a diver!! I look at that website occasionally just to see photos or locations of resorts. Nothing more is useful, IMHO.

robin:D

TripAdvisor is the last place any diver should be searching for info on a destination to DIVE.

I actually use Tripadvisor a lot. Not to decide where to go when I want to dive but where to stay once I get there. For instance, I recently learned that Bay Island Beach Resort has shut it's door on Roatan. I really loved the place and was wondering where to stay on my next visit to Roatan. So I go to TA and find this place:

Reef House Resort (Roatan, Honduras) - Resort Reviews - TripAdvisor

The reviews of this place are off the chart and I'm wondering why I haven't seen it before but I haven't. Everyone knows the big name places like Anthony's Key or CoCoView but this is more my style of place and it was rated the #2 hotel in Roatan. We are now thinking of taking a group there this fall and I like the fact the diving is in the more pristine areas.

Anyway, as always to each his own but I do find I can get some good info off of TripAdvisor. At least it worked for me this time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom