Your deepest depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver:
Yep, if your SPG was giving you depth readings, you were definetely narc'd... :wink:

Good response btw.
LOL! Good one, but yes - you got out of what was a very dangerous situation. I'd say you were more lucky than anything else, and if your buddy did not decide to follow you up at that moment it would most likely end up with a fatality.

Jason Ooi:
Why your Instructor angry:shakehead you should asked what is my maximum depth?
Strange response by an instructor indeed. I've recently asked a divemaster once what was his deepest dive and he responded without any problem: 81 m / 265 ft. He even showed me how he and his buddies went to 66.6 meters on June 6th, 2006 (06/06/06). He's also into apnea, so he goes to 40 meters on nothing but a breath.

There is a good article in this months dive training mag on this subject. Deep to one person is not to another. All depends on training and experience.

Did 62m for 17 mins a couple of years ago. It was on a wreck that had only been found 2 weeks previous. About a month ago I did 48m for 25mins on a 200m wall, don't want dodgy bouyancy on that one :shakehead

I can see why he didn't want to say but I can't see a response like that. Harse words that sounds harse when I read them.

How deep is something that people take differently. Guess it's like cars - some people are into it and others don't get it and think it's silly. So you end up with a question that will get you in trouble with someone. Like when the girlfriend asks "do I look fat in this dress?" Instead of answering, safer to say I love you and buy some flowers.

webhead:
Guess it's like cars
What's the fastest speed you've driven a car?
That's a good analogy, I think...
Speed limit + 10%, right?
Rick

LiteHedded:
95 feet
i'm not as awesome as the rest of you guys
:(
I hope your kidding and not really thinking that way.

Not my last one but the one prior was 13' for 3 minutes. My last one was 90' for around 25 minutes when I had to abort it.

We do different things on different dives and the better dives are normally the shallow ones.

Gary D.

Iruka:
Was that at the Blue Hole or Crevice? A lot of times divers get distracted by the good visibility and just sink away on you....especially when they're IN the Blue Hole....they'll be at around 125', looking up at the entrance, which is around 60'.....and if they (or their guide) don't pay attention, they'll be on their way to about 225', which is what the Blue Hole is straight down.

We were at the Crevice, incredible dive! Blue hole is a great dive site too! The water is so clear and warm there, that I could have been at 20' or 200'!

Back
Top Bottom