your feedback please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leslieinpv

Contributor
Reaction score
i wanted to have some feedback on a idea that im developing. i decided to open my backyard to divers who dont want to stay at the resorts or hotels but would easily be happy in a tent and camp. im wondering what price do you think is reasonable to ask for campers who go diving with me to campout in my backyard. i will supply the tents and beds. i live in puerto vallarta. any imput would be greatly appreciated. I have not been camping anywhere in a long time, just wonering what its going for these days the last time i went 7 dollers a person was a deal is that still true for today...
A divers lodge in puerto vallarta? how does that sound? half price for students , teachers, ?
any suggestions or comments.
leslie

What are the amenities? Showers? Tables? Fire pits? Camping on grass or dirt? How much room per site? Need more details!

(BTW, love your new avatar of the future DM!)

man, charge $2 / night / camper:D

and let them keeep some food and booz in the fridge and let them use the indoor plumbing:wink:

okay, the amenities, i am putting in two bathrooms with showers with hot water, camping will not be on the ground but on elevated platforms made out of wood. there will be a fire pit, and eventually everyone will have thier own picnic table. so 2 doller night for divers? fridge space and bbq open to the divers.

$15 a night would not be unreasonable Leslie. Where do you live in PV?

Yeah, I think $10 to $15 is more than fair.

I'd look around at what budget hotels in your area are charging. Then average that and divide by 2.

You'll also need to get informed about any local laws you should know about. Things like safety considerations, fire prevention, maximum numbers per square metre, supervision, minimum standards for hygene, insurance etc etc you name it. You're opening up a big can of liability worms by charging people to stay at your house. I don't want to discourage you but just make sure you get your legal/administrative ducks in a row or you'll be sorry.

R..

dang i go camping alot and finding a nice campsite for 10 a person that has a bathroom at all is nice. If you are lettin them use fridge showers bbq, cots and such 15 is still a price i would love to pay!

well thanks for the input, great ideas- I plan to check out all the liabilities first.
I live south of puerto vallarta about 4 miles. a little village called el nogalito. Im not planning a big campground, only about maybe 6 or 7 tents. The way my lot is formed its kind of terraced. i have a beautiful view of the mountains and its very peaceful here. I got the idea from a wedding i attended last week in Yelapa. One of the stays there had these nice tents that were placed on wooden platforms and inside was just a kingsize bed. it was so cool. and comfortable. i loved it and thought i could have some of these at my place. I will probably offer 10 a person a night if there not divers. If divers are stayin and diving with me and they come from scubaboard, i will problably offer them 2 to 5 dollers a night, something like that. any input is always welcomed.

My $2 post was a smart alec response to a perceived question of "How much would I like to spend?"

However, campgrounds at the nice state parks here in Texas charge $19 per night when I bring my own tent and sleeping bag. I trec across the park to the "nice bathrooms" when I have to think, cause alot of guys like to wee all over the damn seats. What is up with that?

Anyway, if you provide the tents and the platforms and the beds in the tents, and you clean the bathroom and pick up the beer cans and tequila bottles, you will need to charge alot more than $19 per night. It is all about the hassle.

Imagine divers, not so diffeent from myself, that have to rinse off their gear. Now imagine 5 divers using all your bathrooms to rinse gear and to hang stanky wetsuits. Can you see it now, "Hey, do you mind if I rinse my booties off in your master bathroom, cause bob is gonna be thinking awhile in your lil bathroom?:wink:"

Or, if you set up a hosing station in the backyard, how much mud is that gonna make bak there?

:D

Hope that relieves the anxiety about the $2:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom