Your funniest or most outrageous moment underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taniwha

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Imagine a shaved-head Aussie divemaster putting a sea cucumber on his head like a mohawk! :laughing:

Ever tried to laugh with a regulator in your mouth?

Cheers,
Doug

Ever tried to drop kick a diver underwater for messing with the sea life?

Seriously though.. Great idea for a thread..bad example IMHO.

gecko3s:
Ever tried to drop kick a diver underwater for messing with the sea life?

Seriously though.. Great idea for a thread..bad example IMHO.
I don't know how to answer this...if I close my eyes while I dive that would defeat the whole purpose of diving.
Cheers,
Doug

We had a guy on a trip that only dived drysuit. Well he was getting on everyones nerves on the boat so we decided to play drysuit volleyball with him! (if you want rules and instructions let me know) The rest of the trip he wouldnt talk to anyone. Man that trip got good in a hurry!

Most embarrasing is going comando under your wet suit (due to forgetting swimsuit) and having it rip at the crotch!

Taniwha:
Imagine a shaved-head Aussie divemaster putting a sea cucumber on his head like a mohawk! :laughing:

Ever tried to laugh with a regulator in your mouth?

Cheers,
Doug

open water certification dives with 12-15 foot viz in a rock quarry at about 15 feet when the dive instructor pointed to something over my buddy's left shoulder. it was a plastic dolphin tethered in place with a rope but when she looked over her shoulder, there was this BIG THING right in her face. she screamed (underwater) which made me laugh (underwater) and we both figured out that no matter how good our regulators are, you're not supposed to do either of those things underwater!!

Scootering in a lake where the visibility wasn't that good, but with the ambient light, the water color looked the same as the bottom of the lake. Bombing along, minding my own business when BAM....drove right into a underwater hill. If you thought the vis was bad before, well....it just got a whole bunch worse. I was laughing so hard my mask was leaking and I almost spit out my reg.

Watching to small sting rays 'fighting' when the very small tiny excited Mexican DM with 20+ years of experience...got all wide eyed at me and gave me the universal underwater symbol for back off they are about to commence other 'natural' behaviors.

Try laughing really hard while trying to keep your mouth on the reg...LOL...for 5 minutes.

mmbawden:
We had a guy on a trip that only dived drysuit. Well he was getting on everyones nerves on the boat so we decided to play drysuit volleyball with him!

Most embarrasing is going comando under your wet suit (due to forgetting swimsuit) and having it rip at the crotch!

Both very funny. Was the volleyball game underwater?

Did you ever fart inside your wetsuit, then not smell it until you unzipped and peeled it off with your whole dive class standing around? Talk about embarassing! :sorry19z:

Cheers,
Doug

Last year I went diving in Cozumel with my girlfriend for her first "real" dive trip. We loaded up on the boat at Blue Angel and headed out for the first dive of the week. The boat was full with a couple doing some check out dives and another couple who ended up diving with us. First dive was nice at Planacar Horseshoe and she did very well. The second dive was at French Reef and the 4 of us and the DM hit the water. The dive went great, fish were abundant and I looked in her mask and finally saw that "I am hooked on diving" face which I hadn't seen before (which worried me previously). We were looking around finding things and the other couple was following us closely until the end of the dive when we started up.

As we started our ascent, I looked up and saw a great opportunity to give her a nice firm sqeeze on the butt for fun. After all, I was excited that she was finally really getting into it and was feeling a little....frisky. And didn't think a thing about it....at least until we hit the safety stop at around 15 feet when I finnaly ascended enough to realize it was the other DUDE in our group and not my girlfriend that got the firm grip on the butt cheek. I started laughing hysterically and so hard I still don't know how I didn't loose my reg. He just kind of looked at me like "What is up with that Dude". (I will never forget that look)

I can tell you it was an interesting conversation heading back to the dock on the boat. I think I was red the whole time and apologised multiple times. The good thing was that we really hadn't talked much before that with the other couple and after that "ice breaker" we actually became good friends on the trip and hung out most of the time. They were an awesome couple and we hope to see them again one of these days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom