Your funniest or most outrageous moment underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While diving in the Cooper River, SC, there was a fellow diver from the boat who dropped his drawers and unloaded some fecies.

Yeah! No kidding. Course in 2' viz, another fellow diver couldn't see it, but the story enough was enough to keep me in a serious gut busting state for the next three dives. Didn't even get my prize, $25k 8" tooth.

i was on top of the water, floating in about 40 ft, discussing the dive plan as things had changed, they said my eyes got the size of a silver dollar, and i yelled what the *******, i slammed my face down into the water to see what had hold of me and was shaking my leg like a pit bull, its little paws wrapped around my calf and mouth on my fin pulling away, yup, you got it , a harbor seal was trying to steal my fin, i will admit ,scared the hell out of me, dont know why , i should have known:D lol

jim ernst:
i was on top of the water, floating in about 40 ft, discussing the dive plan as things had changed, they said my eyes got the size of a silver dollar, and i yelled what the *******, i slammed my face down into the water to see what had hold of me and was shaking my leg like a pit bull, its little paws wrapped around my calf and mouth on my fin pulling away, yup, you got it , a harbor seal was trying to steal my fin, i will admit ,scared the hell out of me, dont know why , i should have known:D lol

I've had that happen. Seal yanking on my fin, British Columbia,

jim ernst:

Not really funny, more like fright detail.

maggs_the:
open water certification dives with 12-15 foot viz in a rock quarry at about 15 feet when the dive instructor pointed to something over my buddy's left shoulder. it was a plastic dolphin tethered in place with a rope but when she looked over her shoulder, there was this BIG THING right in her face.

You must have been at Bluewater in B'ham.

Some of my laughing moments was when my dive buddy was showing
me a crab. he was pointing his finger at it.... well he looked up
to see if I was watching and the crab snapped onto the end of
his finger while he wasn't looking...

boy he screamed in pain... Until then, I didn't know you could
actually hear someone screaming underwater.

Funny thing was he was failing his arm all about trying to get the
crab to let go... and the crab just held on getting jerked everywhere.
I wish I had a video camera of it that it was so funny... the
crab stayed on his finger for a good 60 seconds.

mike_s:
You must have been at Bluewater in B'ham.

Some of my laughing moments was when my dive buddy was showing
me a crab. he was pointing his finger at it.... well he looked up
to see if I was watching and the crab snapped onto the end of
his finger while he wasn't looking...

boy he screamed in pain... Until then, I didn't know you could
actually hear someone screaming underwater.

Funny thing was he was failing his arm all about trying to get the
crab to let go... and the crab just held on getting jerked everywhere.
I wish I had a video camera of it that it was so funny... the
crab stayed on his finger for a good 60 seconds.

yeppers, that's exactly where we were.. she ought to be glad we didnt do our OW checkout dives at the Mermet Springs quarry cause i think they have a lifesize replica of a great white in there somewhere :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom