Your Goals in Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lundysd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm interested in the long-term diving goals of everyone. What drives you to go diving over and over, even at the same sites/bad conditions/etc???

For example, my goals are as follows:

I want to take a dive picture that wins an award and inspires someone to take up diving

I want to be regarded as a highly competent and safe diver

Everyone chime in :)

My goal is simply to have fun and enjoy life. That being said I don't find much enjoyment lying on a beach all day. I find enjoyment in the challenges of diving - planning a dive, learning new skills and honing old ones, etc.

Oh and there is seeing the largest part of the earth and creatures most people see only on TV.

Advanced Tech diver.... on to the caves!

Well, my long term goals involve technical diving. I can't wait for decompression and advanced nitrox training. Advanced wreck training. And also I'd love to be full cave certified. Eventually. But I am young and have plenty of time to go about these things.

Short term goals are to become the safest, best diver I can be while having tons of fun and watching little sea creatures that not many other people see (except on TV and in movies :D).

Be a competent diver while having fun :) Even if that includes Tech classes in the future.

Keep fresh fish in the freezer.

Bring that photo home to show all my non-diving friends what their missing(same goes with dive friends that weren't present during the dive).

Sometimes, I just want to sight-see and blow bubbles.

Discover new sights that nobody has dived.

I would like to keep mine and my buddies (Others too) Descends and Assents equal in number....

My long-term diving goal is to die of old age. (many, many years from now!)
Right now, I'm working toward Divemaster.

Steve

Always come back alive.

I take pictures of the people I know or don't and email them. It gives everyone something to brag about on Monday morning. I love new divers. My goal is to help everyone remember a great dive experience. Plus every dive is so different that diving the same sites multiple times is different each time. Good question! It made me think.

Hmmm:

Dive with Chatterton and have him say "that kid's not bad"...

Take a good U/W picture and have it published in some magazine

Dive the Doria

Become a technical instructor

Eventually buy / train to use a rebreather

Spend the rest of my life travelling the world diving great places..

I figure that's enough for now... ;-)

D>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom