Your Job and how you chose it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GraemeC

Registered
Reaction score
Well I guess the title is self explanitory(sp?), Just curious what you guys do for a living (or did if your retired) and how you decided upon that career..

I'm currently un-employed (but hey im only 16 :wink:) Have no idea what I want to do when im older... When I was younger I delivered newspapers (have been stopped doing that for a while and never want to go back)...

I am a technology consultant for law firms.

Got there the long way:D

Spent my 20's exploring what it was that I was good at, had many many jobs, started a business, etc. logging, labourer, truck driver, bus driver, painter ...

Spent my 30's in school and building a career.

My 40's applying all of this

Don't know what's next.

One line of advice, figure out what it is you like to do that at least has potential to make some money and get as much education as you possibly can. OK two lines:D

Started off working in a automobile factory for 4 years. Not into factories so i quit and became a commercial diver for 12 years. Gave that up and built houses for a living. Now back into commercial diving and also build houses on the side. Thinking now of going into the non Destructive testing business. Not one to work a 9 to 5 job.

Industrial Maintnenance. In other words work in a factory as a mechainc. Pay is great and I lose the job here I can have another in 5 minutes. Kids are not getting their hands dirty anymore so there is a big demand for it.

Learned to wrench in the Navy riding submarines, best thing I ever did.

A guidance counselor in HS talked to me and we came up with journalism as a possible career path. First year in college was spent taking journalism classes. I was required to take a TV production class and when I walked in to the TV studio something clicked. I was able to understand engineering concepts and ideas much easier than others.

I am lucky, I don't have a job. I get paid to help create fluff for you people to watch.

I'm a retired oceanographic tech from NOAA. The company that crews the EPA's ocean survey vessel keeps trying to convince me that I'm not retired. It's a great part time, temporary job, I just got back from a few months in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands working on a coral reef assessment project. I wanted to do this kind of work since I was 12.

Being the son of two nurses I pretty much grew up in a hospital. After high school I began working as an ER tech (orderly). The hospital paid for me to go to college as long as it was for a career in healthcare. I was always interested in what the respiratory therapist did when called to the ER, so I went to college and became one.

I started diving at age 18 and I am a scuba instructor. It's all I do :)

Dropped out of college at 20 and wanted something other than a dead end job so i joined the Air Force. became an aircraft mechaninc for them cause im mechanically inclined.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom