Your Personality...

Would you be the person you are today without diving?

• Yes

Votes: 101 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 115 53.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someday's I'm pretty sure that diving has changed me for the better...then, on other days, I'm pretty sure I'm still just a grumpy SOB that happens to be a diver.

has out lasted 2 marriages (one performed underwater), raised 2 kids to adulthood...So unquestionably diving has molded my personality....

I don't like hang with non divers...well...except surfers.

One respondent said it best about how diving changed me:

I think I've definately been changed. I used to be very very shy and now I'm much less shy because I loved diving so much but none of my friends were interested. I had to go out and meet people to find buddies. Luckily I've met a lot of great people diving.

I took it up after a bitter breakup with a lady who thought that it was her responsibility to tell me how to eat, sleep, dress....

This was something that I always dreamed of doing and I no longer had anyone to tell me not to. So, I swallowed my fear of embarrassing myself by not being in the shape of the Navy divers that I thought that I had to be in to even THINK about taking the class, and took a scuba class. I have been hooked since. This was in last July and have been invited on some dive trips where it is an honor to be asked. I help teach courses and will be divemastering soon. Most of all, I have made good friends.

So, yes, diving allowed me to follow my dreams of seeing what is in the water. And also, I am another one who needs to pursue money for the sake of my dive gear.:) My next vehicle will be a truck so that I can carry it all.:D

Good decision on truck for diving gear. Have had trucks, vans, SUVs etc. A truck with cap is great. Store gear, windows open yet secure, gear can dry/ventilate, a place to change, hanger rack for wetsuits, etc.

I hate climbing into a vehicle on a hot day having wet dive gear in a van/SUV, and everything drenching in humidity....

Also a truck you can strap down gear and there is a safety bulkhead between you and the heavy projectiles.

I origianlly voted "yes", that'd I'd be the same person w/o diving since I've only been certified 3 days. But I realized that taking dive lessons has helped me feel more confident and safe in the water. Ever since my "friend" tried to drown me in my pool as a kid I've been less then cozy in deep water.

Ya know...maybe I need new friends...

~DK

JCKCSYCMD once bubbled...
Also a truck you can strap down gear and there is a safety bulkhead between you and the heavy projectiles.

That is an unmistakeable sound...the sound of a tank breaking loose, rocketing along your bed and *WHAM* ramming into the truck bed when you hit the brakes too hard. There's a reason I point the valves toward the tailgate.

Since I have been scuba diving I have changed and my life has changed, My group of friends are different and vary in age. I have learned that there is alot of politics associated with this sport like some sports. I have made some new friends, plus some enemies along the way. Diving has broaden my horizons and introduced me to a whole new world:)

Omicron once bubbled...

That is an unmistakeable sound...the sound of a tank breaking loose, rocketing along your bed and *WHAM* ramming into the truck bed when you hit the brakes too hard. There's a reason I point the valves toward the tailgate.

Protect the valves...absolutely. For some that is common sense, but glad you posted it.

As a law enforcement officer, I was in need of a hobby that took me away from work. Then I discovered diving. The people I've met, the friends I've made, the things I've seen and learned have been amazing and have made a huge difference in my life.
Then I decided to bring diving and work together and became a police diver.
Thats been an incredible experience too.

Dive hard,
AquaDog

Back
Top Bottom