Your thoughts on PLBs

Would you get a PLB if you could afford one

• YES

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • NO

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIDIVER501:
I wasn't advocating any of these I just provided the link to illustrate that the technology is out there.

I would think the best thing would be to have it integrated into your dive computer then it could serve a dual purpose to find you at sea and to locate your equipment in the event it was stolen.

Find your equipment if stolen now thats a happy thought.\

What are your thoughts on. If you have one and your flying, TSA may not let you take it in carry on but if it go's into checked and one of the handlers or TSA agents turn it on it could put the dampers on the whole vacation.

cdiver2:
Find your equipment if stolen now thats a happy thought.\

What are your thoughts on. If you have one and your flying, TSA may not let you take it in carry on but if it go's into checked and one of the handlers or TSA agents turn it on it could put the dampers on the whole vacation.

They'll make you remove the battery if you haven't already. Same as flashlights.

mempilot:
They'll make you remove the battery if you haven't already. Same as flashlights.

That makes sense but I am not sure if they are sealed or not, seem to remember reading about sending it back for a new battery (Not sure). Battery is good for five years

mempilot:

The model I would suggest would be based on the system where the seachers would turn on the locator to track you. again like lo-jack. so a bumbling TSA agent couldn't inadvertently turn it on.

I was reading about PLB's a couple of days ago and apparently Peter Hughs will be using some sort of set up on their liveaboards later this year. I'll let you know in about in about (count down) 5 months.

Dive Safe,
caymaniac

caymaniac:
I was reading about PLB's a couple of days ago and apparently Peter Hughs will be using some sort of set up on their liveaboards later this year. I'll let you know in about in about (count down) 5 months.

Dive Safe,
caymaniac

a little larger than I expected with the dive cannister but I will figure out where to put it. Five months I have nine months %$#@!

Back
Top Bottom