Your thoughts please....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robi

Registered
Reaction score
Hi - i own divespace.co.uk and am in the process of setting up a dive price comparison site

The site is very much "still under construction" but i have demo type thing up and running and wondered what peoples opinions where??

you can see a demo here category:Masks:

Good or bad??

Im just looking to plug a hole in the market - there is no REAL price comparison website or centralised location to find cheap deals on scuba equipment

Just wondered what people thought?? and anything you would want to see on a site like this (the site is like google - totally free to use)

I look forward to feedback good or bad

Regards
Robert

Perhaps I'm missing something but are you showing prices of different masks or the the best prices of a particular mask. If it's the latter I sure would be interested in such a site. Saves a lot of time comparison shopping. What you show now is listing of masks with prices. This can be gotten anywhere on the net just by googling. Hope this is helpful for you.

smilies-2351.png

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help...??

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:

Hi Interpidangel,

Good question. Yes - we will be showing not just masks, but everything.....BCDs, Fins, Books, Courses etc

And we will show the cheapest to the most expensive - with reviews

You dont get the full effect as we only have data from ONE retailer up at the minute (hence nothing to compare against) but by time we have finished we hope to have hundreds of retailers - with products listed from cheapest to most expensive....

i.e. if you searched for Typhoon Fins you would see a list ordered by cheapest Typhoon fins to the most expensive - you then choose which retailer you want to purchase from, click visit store and you are taken directly to that item

Was looking for feedback on the concept and the look/feel for now

Hope this helps
Robert
Divespace | Scuba Price Comparison

Hi,

Think about scalability and usability... If you can provide an online platform to allow:

1. Supplier of diving equipment to login in to promote their products and write their own review.

2. Existing equipment owner to login to sell their second hand ones or feedback on some equipments loaded by the Supplier...

3. Potential customer comes to look at the sites and can compare prices and choose to buy from whoever he or she feels most comfortable.

Something along this line...
my 2cents worth.
cheers

Hmmmmm interesting - we were already working towards the retailer being able to upload own reviews etc etc but an interesting idea you had with regards to the 2nd hand equipment being part of the comparison......will take that onboard and see what we can develop

Thanks for your thoughts

Robi
Divespace | Scuba Price Comparison

Why does it seem like there is just one person having a conversation here? Ohh, and Dandy Don saying welcome. hmmm, interesting.

Why does it seem like there is just one person having a conversation here? Ohh, and Dandy Don saying welcome. hmmm, interesting.
Oh, I like to be friendly, and didn't have anything to add to the chat - which would probly work better on Basic Scuba with more people commenting. Maybe he'll start a new thread there...?

Oh, I like to be friendly, and didn't have anything to add to the chat - which would probly work better on Basic Scuba with more people commenting. Maybe he'll start a new thread there...?

I know DD, you are the welcome wagon. I just thought it was a bit strange that it sounded like one person trying to be three. :shakehead:

I know DD, you are the welcome wagon. I just thought it was a bit strange that it sounded like one person trying to be three. :shakehead:
Where is Emily the DivingPrincessE? She's really better at this than I...! :silly:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom