Your ultimate trivia questions (and answers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi:
Jeffrey Hunter. But who became a star? Shatner.

Nope. Jeffrey Hunter was never offered the role of Kirk. He played the part of Captain Pike.

What's the longest movie title of all time?

the K

miked:
Surelyshirly:
Some questions in return

1. What was the secret code name for the d-day invasion? extra points: what was the codename for the landing beach at Normandy?

"Operation Overlord";
The beaches had various names, among them, IIRC: Omaha, Juno, Gold, Sword

The central landing beach was code named Mickey Mouse

shakeybrainsurgeon:
The Sloan-Kettering answer is wrong --- hint: most people use it every day and, if memroy serves correct, it was Kettering who invented it

Sloan made his fortune in automobile ball bearings and Kettering in automobile electric starts.

I cant remember how the atom bomb was connected to it, but that doesn't matter So what was it?

Can anyone name the only two African-American women to win the best actress Oscar? This is a bit of a trick question......

Surelyshirly:
Sloan made his fortune in automobile ball bearings and Kettering in automobile electric starts.

I cant remember how the atom bomb was connected to it, but that doesn't matter So what was it?

You were right --- the electric car starter.

Walter:
That's a trick question. At the time of Leave it to Beaver, the term had yet to be coined.

Not a trick question --- I was just using the modern term. There is a correct answer... but remember, this was a show with a character named "Whitey" and was made in the 50's and early 60s, so minorities were not exactly overrepresented, nor were they depicted as rocket scientists.

1) In the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still, what phrase did Patricia Neal have to say to Gort after Michael Rennie is shot? Bonus: why did she have to say it?

Klatuu Barada Nickto <--- I'm sure there's a mis-spelling in there somewhere. :D

-----

Mike.

Bonus: Because Gort wouldv'e "judged" earth as being dangerous and vaporized it from space; Gort was created to police the galaxy (as were others of his kind), and was given absolute power (literally) and authority over humanoids.

-----

Mike.

Walter:
Nope. Jeffrey Hunter was never offered the role of Kirk. He played the part of Captain Pike.

Correct as always. Hunter turned down the series, thinking (wrongly) that he was still a bankable movie commodity. Kirk was introduced as a replacement. Hint: the actor who turned it down assumed the role of another authority figure, one whose demeanor made Kirk look positively wishy-washy by comparison.

Back
Top Bottom