youth diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

downunderjenn, my parents do not dive but i ALWAYS dive with a dvie instructor/master and my parents make sure that they trust that person!

saltwatertaffy- hey that looks REALLY cool, id be extremely interested on going on a trip to dive and learn. I was also thinking of going on "Sail Carribean" if anyone has any information on that please let me know!

r37691- hey htanks a bunch! i dont think they do but i will check!

Go actionquest!!! this summer was my second with them, and i hope to go back next year. i got my aow + 5 specialties last year and my rescue + 2 specialties this year, and if i can go back next year i might to marine bio or divemaster!! check out the website www.actionquest.com and feel free to pm, email, im, any questions

yea that looks cool! I dont know though there are a couple of differnt types of "sail/scuba" trips.

As well anyone is welcome to post about any of the topics earlier discussed by me!

r37691 (Bob) had an excellent suggestion:
Boy Scouts of America has a program called Venturing. It is for both boys AND girls ages 14 to 20. The focus is on outdoor activites planned and carried out (as much as possible) by the youth members, under the guidance of adult advisors.

When a Venture crew is running properly, the youth are the ones making the decisions and running the show. A crew can focus on one primary activity or can be active in lots of outdoor sports.

Our own Scubaboard leader, NetDoc leads a Venture crew with a main interest in scuba. So, I know it works!

The organization of Venturing also has some great learning opportunities built in, as well as recognition for achievement.
There is also extensive support for the crew's sponsors and adult leaders.

A big problem starting up a club from zero, is organization. Venturing is an organization that is already set up and ready to help young people acheive their goals. Look under Boy Scouts of America in your local phone book and the local BSA council would be happy to help you get a Venturing crew started, I'm sure.

KY Dan

hey jrdivagirl I'm 15 and would love to be in your dive club, one prob, I live in Utah. I'm going to my local school board and asking if they could start a scuba class for high school. They might do it too. It's just an idea but maybe you could take it to your high school (when you get there)

hey jrdivagrl. i am seventeen and would join your club in a heartbeat, thing is i dont speak (key note speak) english that well and i live in baltimore.

i really sympathize with you on this, beacuse my parents dont dive, and they dont understand how much i love it!!!! ahhh its really annoying, beacuse if i ever want to go to the ocean or a quarry or something, my parents would not be happy making the commute. i would really not like to sit next to some sketchball person for like two hours driving to a quarry all ebacuse my parents wouldnt take me!!!

any suggestions?

baltimoron:
thing is i dont speak (key note speak) english that well

So where are you originaly from?

i am from Eilat, in Israel. RIGHT on the red sea. im a dumbass for not getting certified there, sice i moved when i was about 12.... but its alright beacuse we go back a lot to visit family and friends and such- i will probably end up going there myself for spring break and diving sharm el sheikh since i turn eighteen in feb and i speak pretty good arabic (better than i speak english at least.....)- so i can pretty much do everything by myself. i didnt know any english when i got here, so i had to learn english pretty damn quick if i wanted to go to school here haha.

like scuba_chick55 i would like to join you club thing but i all so live far away in fl, but i am a teen 16. :-D

Back
Top Bottom