YS-110 & Heinrichs/Weikamp ttl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Finally! After waiting two months for the local shop to get the H/W converter, I ordered one from Cathy Church. First one had a bad o-ring groove and wouldn't seal. Second one did the trick. Just put it together on the SP-350. I tried a few quick test shots in the kitchen. F2.8@1/25 and F8@1/1000 against a white background in good light and a dark background in a dark corner. All pictures came out perfectly exposed. I'll play with it some more this week and take it to Monterey this weekend. Pictures to follow.

Larry C:
Finally! After waiting two months for the local shop to get the H/W converter, I ordered one from Cathy Church. First one had a bad o-ring groove and wouldn't seal. Second one did the trick. Just put it together on the SP-350. I tried a few quick test shots in the kitchen. F2.8@1/25 and F8@1/1000 against a white background in good light and a dark background in a dark corner. All pictures came out perfectly exposed. I'll play with it some more this week and take it to Monterey this weekend. Pictures to follow.

See Larry! I told you it worked good! :)

I think that is the best combination for the SP-350 camera and the HW converter. Finally someone else validated my findings.

Congrats and have fun!

how much was the H/W converter from Cathy Church and how long did it take you to get it? thanks in advance for the info. i am in the process of setting of my SP-350(which i just got) and have been kicking this set-up around. thanks again.

Bill

It was $240. They were getting $200 Cayman at the shop in Grand Cayman. I regret not having it simply installed at the time I was there, which they offered to do on the spot. I had unfortunate complications that prevented my buying it at that time. Reef photo also sells and installs them. I think you send your housing and for $250 they install it, test it and send it back to you. After my first dive, this morning, it works very nicely. Good power and a very wide, balanced spread of light. The self-cancelling focus light works very nicely as well, although it tended to scare the critters off. I still have to work on strobe placement, and I haven't tried the diffuser yet. I'm still processing the pics and I'll post a few of them tomorrow, probably.

We already had a thread on that one. As you've probably found out, it's the same thing without the bulkhead and with a special Oly to Nikonos adaptor cable. Check out my post on the main UW photo section for sample shots.

thanks Larry....i will be putting up a thread reagarding some suggestions on tray/arm set-ups for the PT-030 and SEA&SEA strobe. as well as how to keep extra lens's from getting lost while doing changes during a dive. man i have got alot questions. maybe a bit more home work here on the site will yield the answers i am looking for.

Bill

Just to clarify our program, as it was mentioned here-

http://www.reefphoto.com/index.php?...d=1403&zenid=a60c3fd6ee296b41de4c9c9b9cfdd1c6

Included in the purchase of our converter is:

Installation
Pressure Testing
Function Testing
and the hardware.

We beg our customers to let us take care of this, as bugs are discovered from time to time, and it is easy for us to work them out before returning the housing (rather than trying to troubleshoot on the phone).

In cases where deadlines eliminate shipping & return shipping, we have been known to sell the parts only.

I also have the parts to assemble the divervision solution, and have for a couple of customers. Personally, I very much prefer the heinrichs bulkhead to the Olympus one (poorly designed in my opinion).

Best-
Ryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom