ys 110a or ys250 sea sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricPhotography92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all, im interested in obtaing two sea sea strobes, would you recomend the 250 or ys110a or have one of each, also if i have two different strobe would that throw the lighting off?

I have three YS110a, good strobes.

As Gecko says YS250 is heavy, I also think it has a dedicated battery, minus point in my books as I prefer to be able to use standard AA batteries should my rechargeable ones pack up

Inon are good too.

ive also shot with YS-110's for a couple of years with OK results. i recently acquired a Inon D-2000, coudnt be happier. just seemed to be a more intuitive strobe to use, and fired the right output more often. now im on the hunt for another D-2000.echo others sentiments. if i had to pick between the two, the 110a. these seemed to be phased out considering S&S's new lineup.

Hi Eric.
Why dont you have a look at the YS-D1.
Marketed as the replacement for the YS-110 is a bit wider than but shorter. It will also run on 4 AA batteries and still very travel friendly.
The GN is much higher than the YS-110 (20 to 32 on land). On paper it has the same as the YS250 and also has a wider beam (the unit is provided with a 100 and 120 degrees diffusers.
Being more powerful, the batteries wont last as long when compared to the YS-110
I just got a couple and don't regret it at all, they are excellent units.

Hmm, I didn’t consider an inon strobe, so the inon d-2000 W. it’s pretty similar to the rest of the stronger strobes, but has 520 flash charges. Would you think 5 degree difference in range compared to the 110a would be noticeable. And does inon have a different sync cord.
YS-D1 and YS-110a are closely comparable? But the YSD1 is the better of the two?

Get the D1, it will grow with you, or the Z240 depending a bit on where you do most of your diving.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom