YS-110a recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm using a YS-110a with optical cord for my G10, and have been experiencing intermittent strobe failure. The strobe will start the dive firing just fine, and at some point during the dive will just stop firing. Sometimes I can fiddle around with it and make it work again. Other times I'm unable to make it fire again until after the dive ... at which point, aggravatingly, it seems to work just fine.

I'm wondering if the cold water I'm diving in (45 degrees F) might be somehow affecting the batteries. I've pretty much eliminated the optical connection as the source of the problem, since it'll start working again without my doing anything to the cord. It MAY be the switch ... because sometimes it seems that fiddling with the switch fixes the problem (but not always). But I'm beginning to suspect it's the batteries.

I'm using Eveready NiHM rechargeables ... 2450 mAh ... freshly charged before the dive. Is there a more optimal choice?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hi Bob,
The temperature and your listed batteries should be fine and operate the strobe normally. Sounds like your strobe may havea switch or internal assembly issue. Please visit the link following and follow the return instructions for warranty evaluation. Thank you.
Return instructions HERE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom