YS-27 Battery Compartment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim2386

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey,

I was just wondering if the YS-27 battery compartment is completely sealed from the 'electronics' area of the camera. Got a little water in my battery compartment and was just wondering if it was sealed.

Also, I see that on the Canon G11 housing, Ikelite recommends some sort of round port lens for wide angle. Does this mean my current .56x W-20 lens is not compatible with the new housings? I'd hate to think if I upgraded cameras I'd have to toss out a perfectly awesome lens.......

Thanks in advance.
Jim

The YS-27 is not an Ikelite product. You should check with Sea & Sea regarding the battery compartment.

Due to the nature of the G11 camera's lens, external wide angle lenses like the W-20 cannot be used to any advantage. Our WD-4 dome attaches to the front of the G11 housing to reverse the effects of refraction and restores the camera's original angle of coverage underwater. If you scroll down in the forum there are other thread that discuss the G11's optics at length.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom