YS110 -Can they be repaired?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puffer Fish

Captain Happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
One of my YS110's burned out (seems to be one of the capacitors)...can it be repaiired. And if so, can it be repaired cost effectively?

Would hate to have a repair bill that was more than a new strobe...

Thanks.

Sadly, there aren't many around that bother or even have the ability to repair circuit boards. The companies just trash them and replace with a new one.

Sea & Sea told the guy that sold me the YS-01 that his could be repaired for about $220. Perhaps they will give you an estimate like that, as well. They'll end up replacing the board, AFAIK.

Now, if you know someone good with a small soldering iron ( :D ), you could order the capacitors from an electronic supply house and have them replaced, probably for a couple of bucks.

HI-
The only way to make a proper estimate is to evaluate the strobe. The 110's are repairable, often for much less than a new strobe. For more information on repair and estimation, please contact PHR (Pacific Housing Repair) at 831-751-3885 or Pacific Housing Repair

I contacted a repair center about my YS110. I was told that SeaandSea will not let them supply parts for user install since I thought about doing it myself. $300 for a circuit board plus installation just about makes it not worth repairing. But why would I stay loyal to Sea and Sea with things like this being common problems? This is frustrating for many reasons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom