Yucatan Peninsula Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcolman

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of mainland dive shops (not Coz.). In particular, looking for dive shops close to cenotes where we can rent tanks and weights, without hiring a guide and doing the whole number.

TNX for any info.

Rick Colman

Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of mainland dive shops (not Coz.). In particular, looking for dive shops close to cenotes where we can rent tanks and weights, without hiring a guide and doing the whole number.

TNX for any info.

Rick Colman

Hi Rick,

Most of the good cenotes for diving are south of Playa del Carmen, about a hour from Cancun. The best list I know of is on the maps from Can-Do Maps and travel guides . Get the Mayan Riviera and Playa del Carmen maps and they should catch most of the shops that are not in the all inclusive resorts. Another great resource for you is the Cenotes, Dive Guide and Log Book by Underwater Editions, Deep Blue - Scuba Diving in Cozumel. It has maps of most of the major dive cenotes. The site says that they are currently out of stock, but you may try giving them a call.

Not being a trained cave diver, I would not even think of trying it on my own.

Hi Rick,
i agree with driftwood, unless you are a trained cave diver, dive the cenotes for your own it not recommendable at all. In the case you are cave diver, the option of renting a car and tanks is always good. The cenotes area begins in Puerto Aventuras, few miles south, in Xpuha, you find Cuzel, air filling station. if leave from Playa del Carmen you can rent them in Aire Puro, one blocl away from the highway, right in front of Chedraui supermarket.

hey rick!

You will be excited in the cenote!! We are a small shop down town playa del carmen called playa scuba (Playa Scuba Dive Center * Diving in Playa del Carmen * Diving in Cozumel * Diving in Cenotes* Diving in Mexico) sometimes we go 3-5 times a week to the cenote, so we know it very well. we take only small groups max. 4 persons to the cabines, we got all the equipment and charge only 85dls for two tanks diving, transfer to the cenote of your choice!

looking forward to dive with you soon

Luis & Klaus

Back
Top Bottom