Yucatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pmitchell7067

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am coming over to Playa del Carmen from Spain mid may for a week of diving, can anyone recommend a good dive centre that will answer my emails (I speak Spanish but prefer my native English). Also, I have a 2.5mm shortie, 5mm wetsuit and 7mm semi dry, obviously not the latter but given the airline weigh restrictions what should I take?

Very good experiences with Geofish. Great people. Dive gear is provided; bring as little or as much personal gear as you like. Be sure to schedule a cenote dive.

Scott B.
Sebastian, FL

I dove with Geofish in December and thought they were excellent.

Purchase a 2 mm hooded chicken vest(Evo has one for around $30 US on Diver's Direct) to go with your 2.5 mil shortie-----that's all I ever use for CZM for the last 6 years, been diving Feb thru May & Oct & Nov in CZM many times since '05.....Makes for easy packing(lite & less bulky).....Here's a link to the vest:
http://www.diversdirect.com/scuba-diving/evo-unisex-2mm-hooded-vest/

BTW, I only use skins under a 2 mil shortie with the(sometimes) hooded vest....

EDIT:agree with Garrobo-head over to CZM......& while we're throwing out names, we have used Aldora for the past 6 years(on the internet too)---they use fast 6 pack boats & dive 120 HP steel tanks---LOTSA bottom time per dive.....

Last edited:
A 2mm shorty is plenty. Personally, I'd do my diving off of Cozumel. Short ride across from the mainland. I dive with PapaHoggs. They are on the internet.

Thanks all (so far) I did my open water in Cozumel so cant wait to gat back but that was 15 years ago and all the water in my ears sice has made it a bit fuzzy!

I'd bring the 5mm, especially if you're planning on doing any dives in the cenotes.

No one can know which suit is best for you. I've known divers who had to have a dry suit in Coz in Aug and some who were fine in bikinis. Tolerances vary person to person.

Try our Mexico forum for better coverage on PDC.

Very good experiences with Geofish. Great people. Dive gear is provided; bring as little or as much personal gear as you like. Be sure to schedule a cenote dive.

Scott B.
Sebastian, FL

I'm going to be in Playa Del Carmen in March and Geofish was one that we were considering. How long does it take to get to the cenote dives? Did you do Cozumel dives with them? If so, how long did it take to get to the dive sites?

Best to schedule a full day for a cenote dive ... arrive at the shop at 8am, van departs soon after 8:30 ... drive is :45 to 1-hour depending upon location and road construction ... (2)dives and lunch ... typically back in Playa del Carmen between 2 and 3pm. Dive guides provided flashlights. Loads of fun - definately worth the time to take in a cenote dive. Did not dive Cozumel.
Scott B.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom