YUMA, AZ Representin'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joker11

Registered
Reaction score
The very southwest tip of Arizona, two miles from
Ha, no, not really into hip hop, but I thought it would be a cool thread title....
My name is Hector, but I like to use Joker. The 11 is that magical number shared between a husband and a wife...you know...one of those inside jokes. I have two kids that are always driving me nuts and then I remember how much I love them when they go to bed. hahaha.
I always wanted to SCUBA but my extreme blindness always deterred me. Partly due to the cost of prescription masks, partly because I was afraid I would get lost if I lost my mask accidentally during a dive, and partly because nobody I knew was interested.
I finally said to myself "Screw you guys, I am going diving" in my best Cartman voice. My goal was to get certified Open Water by my 30th birthday. I was within 2 months, so I consider that meeting my goal. It was everything I expected it to be and more. I felt like Cousteou on Ecstacy or something (that's just a description, I am drug free, thank you.) My love of diving took me to Advanced Open Water and just last month I obtained my Enriched Air Diver specialty. I am signed up for a Gas Blender course, a kayak specialty and a few others. I want to achieve Rescue Diver sometime in 2006and have already done the First Aid and CPR portions. I log bottom time locally at a reservoir and once a month I drive to San Diego to dive with my best dive buddy, my brother-in-law Dan The Man. I leave March 18th to go to Boston and I am really trying to get a dive in while I am there.
I didn't realize my post was getting so long. I will leave it at that for now. Thanks to all who actualy took the time to read this crazy long post.
My favorite dive/swim song from SNL "Taco, Burrito, what's that coming out your speedo? You got troubles! WHEW! You're blowing bubbles!" Because for some reason, you can make yourself positively bouyant with taco bell food in a wet suit!!! hehehe

Hey Hector, welcome to ScubaBoard! A bunch of us So Cal Kelp Divers have a dive scheduled for May 13 at La Jolla Shores in San Diego. Maybe you could schedule one of your monthly trips for that date and you and Dan the Man could join us!! We'll be BBQn' and divin' our tails off!

Welcome to the Board, Hector. Make sure you check out the Arizona Scuba forum. What reservoir do you dive near Yuma? I've heard of Lake Martinez near you, but never been. It that the place you're referring to?

Welcome Hector! Congratulations on some awesome accomplishments! Glad to see that you've joined us.

Welcome to SB Joker11! Been through Yuma several times on San Diego-Tuscon trips. If you saw a red blur on the highway that was me:D. Some killer dessert off road action out there as I recall.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Thanks for the nice Intro...

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-005.gif

Wow,
I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted here. March of 2006...wow. Sorry about that. Well, to those who responded, I thank you!
Wetrat...man La Jolla shores is a heck of a swim. I didn't care for it much. I did miss the kelp though, so maybe that's why.
Dive-aholic, there is a boat launch on the California side at Squaw Lake, from there you can access the main part of the Colorado River. But before you hit the delta, you can turn upstream into a channel and end up in this big lake that is nicely secluded. Opposite side of the road is a reservoir called Senator Wash. I have never gotten deeper than 20-25 feet in it. However, I dive with a fireman that told me there are some spots you can hit 60-90feet in. I don't have a depth finder on my boat, so I haven't found it yet.
And since I last posted, I did meet my goal of Rescue Diver! Right now I am in between dives (did the first two) of my Wreck Diver specialty. I went to the very chilly waters of the Yukon and the Ruby E.

Welcome to Scuba Board
:wave-smil :wave-smil

and yet another welcome (back) to ScubaBoard from the GREAT LAKES area!! Enjoy your diving!!:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom