Zanzibar...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackSpearo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to Africa for almost three weeks (Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, and finally ending in Zanzibar)...

I love diving (stayed 2 weeks in Bonaire this past summer) and I'm curious what can I expect?

I really would like to take my own gear, but I don't think it's going to be possible (although, I will pack my mask and snorkel)...

any dive ops that you guys and gals can recommend? anyone have a photo album?

thanks!

Jack

Hi,

In Zanzibar I would use either One Ocean or Bahari Divers in Stonetown, Scuba-do in Kendwa and Swahilli Divers in Pemba. I would definately recommend Chumbe Island for amazing snorkeling and close communication with natutre. In stonetown I stayed at the Pyramid Hotel which I found really good and ate every night at the Forodhani Gardens. In Kendwa I stayed at the White Sands though if I had to choose I would stay at Kendwa Rocks. In Pemba I stayed with Swahilli divers. If you go to Dar I can recommend the Jambo Inn. If you plan on going on Safari in Arusha go with Bramwell Safaris who are excellent. If you need any information feel free to PM me.

Good diving,

Tadzio

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom