Zeagle and Apeks Regulator Interchangability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have heard that at one time, Apeks made regs for Zeagle. In fact, looking at an older Zeagle 50D I find that it is nearly identical to my 3 year old TX-50.

I am thinking about changing my TX-50 tO DIN and I am wondering if I can use a Zeagle DIN? How about for my ATX-200?

I can get a better price on the Zeagle than the Apeks.

TIA

Otter

Up until a couple of years ago Zeagle did sell Apeks regs. The new Zeagle reg is a very similar desighn but the parts are not interchangeable.

...but the parts are not interchangeable.

So presumably if I wanted to order a DIN conversion kit for a 50D, I would have to specify it was an OLD 50D vs a new 50D?

Otter once bubbled...

So presumably if I wanted to order a DIN conversion kit for a 50D, I would have to specify it was an OLD 50D vs a new 50D?

Yes they are different parts with different part numbers. Both are listed in the Zeagle dealer price list and can be purchased from a Zeagle dealer.

I will check that out.....

Otter

Since my intent is to really convert my ATX-200, do you know if the Apeks DINs are interchange amongst their first stages -- and hence I will be able to use the DIN for the old 50D?

Otter

I can only speak for the Apeks regs that were sold by Zeagle but yes, all those used the same DIN parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom