Zeagle Backplate and Oxycheq Mach V Camo Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpsexton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I finally took the plunge and ordered a BP/W. :D

I got a Zeagle Backplate and Oxycheq Mach V Camo Wing (thanks Scubatoys!)
I also got XS Scuba cam bands and quick release weight pockets and last but not least I got OD (olive drab) harness webbing and hardware from strapworks.com to match the camo wing.

I can't wait to put it all together and try it out. :jump: (I'll post some pictures after it's all assembled.)

BTW, Has anyone else used a Zeagle Backplate with another brand wing besides Zeagle?

Congrats on the new rig - it should serve you well. You should have no issues with the Mach V wing and Zeagle plate - as the plate uses standard mounting holes. Enjoy!

Yes, Congrats...

Been eyeing those Oxycheq wings in a LDS here in HK, where I spearfish weekly--they look really rugged and streamlined (much more rugged and streamlined than my current Halcyon Eclipse, which has a flimsily light-weight nylon shell that is fraying all over--but it is still holding up well even though I beat the heck out of it, rinse it only with a quick dunk and shake, and I store it on the boat!). Viz is pretty low here, which is great for spearfishing, but I still wonder if the camo shell is a bit gimicky, especially when the wing itself is so low profile that it's barely visible behind your body--whether it fools the fish or not, it certainly looks cool...have fun...

I finally took the plunge and ordered a BP/W. :D

I got a Zeagle Backplate and Oxycheq Mach V Camo Wing (thanks Scubatoys!)
I also got XS Scuba cam bands and quick release weight pockets and last but not least I got OD (olive drab) harness webbing and hardware from strapworks.com to match the camo wing.

I can't wait to put it all together and try it out. :jump: (I'll post some pictures after it's all assembled.)

BTW, Has anyone else used a Zeagle Backplate with another brand wing besides Zeagle?

Boy there should be a bunch of new toys at FRP this weekend!!

If it doesn't work out Zeagle sells a custom camo wing. Don't know that it is available in green camo but I have seen it in blue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom