Zeagle BCD tear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

monetott3

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
folks,

just purchased a used zeagle bcd.not many zeagle tags on it,not sure what model it is.got stuck with a problem.wing material has tear at hose grommet & over pressure valve.not sure if this is fixable with aqua-seal glue & over size 2 piece doughnut rings?my local zeagle dealer doesnt do this type of repair .will zeagle consider this or do they have a repair kit for this?local dealer could only find bladder & wing assembly.which is almost twice the price i paid for this bcd.Ill try attach pic's

steve:doh2:

Attachments

• DSC01114.jpg
    DSC01114.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC01115.jpg
    DSC01115.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC01117.jpg
    DSC01117.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC01118.jpg
    DSC01118.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 63
OUCH!! Luckily it looks like it is just the cover for the bladder. So it could be used as is or cosmetically covered if the bladder holds air. I thought if it could be peeled off a Ranger cover might work, but looking at it I don't think so.. Scott will know more.
Personally I would doubt that it is a Zeagle wing. Any tags on the bladder?

the only zeagle tags i could find were one one the wing lower left side in pic & on the warning label of the harness area.the american flag is on the left shoulder harness.an old dive shop label looks like it was sewn over the zeagle label on right shoulder strap.

Zeagle wing it is then. Looks like it might have came off a Ranger since it has the quick links on the side. Probably a 45lb lift?
Scott should be through in a day or so and give you a definite answer. If not PM him (Scott Zeagle).

Best thing to do is just have the dive shop send it in to us. We can look at it and see if we can patch it up...cost will be minimal, unless it is unrepairable, but it is tough to say without actually seeing it...

Thanks,

Scott

could I sent this direct to zeagle? if so what address? dept? any form i need to send withn it?

thanks

Give them a call! Tell them your situation and they will take care of you. Don't forget to get an RA#..return authorization number. This may not be the way Zeagle likes to handle repairs but that has been my only choice.

If you have a dealer near you, it is easier (on us) if you go through them. If you don't have a dealer nearby, you can call us for an RA# and ship it yourself...just make sure you put a note inside stating the problem, as well as contact info!!

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom