Zeagle Covert XT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwarrenod

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just bought one and going to use to next weekend in Key Largo. Ordered a few Molle pouches and have a couple of “hose connectors” to use for my octo and gauge hose security.

Anyone with tips on set up? Things to avoid? Things other users suggest?

TIA

I am anxious to hear how you like your set up. I have a Zeagle Covert original. I love it, but I do miss the ability to hang a few items. I have rigged up a few ways to store gear while I dive. Looks ghetto but it works!!

I get lots of comments about my flashlight set up:)

I've done 15 dives over 2 trips with it. Carried on in backpack with Regs, wetsuit and some clothes with fins on the outside of the backpack. I also have my DSMB in the outer backpack pockets as well as my computers and mask in a box as well as a smaller dry box that my go-pro knockoff camera travel in. It packs up very well!

I had the back dump pull tab come of on my 4th or 5th dive in Mexico, not a big deal, carried on w/out it. Shop fixed it and showed me how to deal with it if needed in future.

I love the integrated weights in the bouches near the hips and on the tank strap. Trim works very well for me with about 35% of the weight on the tank and the rest in the hip pockets. It doesn't have any storage pockets on it, but with the Mole points I bought these two pouches that attach and can be removed if desired. They drain quite well when exiting the water.

Overall, very happy with the BC to date. I also bought a collapsable "BC Hanger" from Amazon, came in quite handy in Florida a few weeks ago when all of the hangers in the guest storage locker were in use. I also use it to hang the BC at home. Folded up it fits in the backpack set up above.

I’d be sure to try one on for fit. I’m a pretty thick chested (ok, husky) guy and a large isn’t close to too small for me. They seem to run pretty large unless you’re gonna run a dry suit under it.

JW

I've been diving my XT for couple years, maybe 130 dives. Its been great. I've picked up a few molle accessories I posted a few pictures on here somewhere. I do miss having a pocket sometimes, I bought the zeagle pocket that will attach to the belt The only change I made was to replace the bottom elastic/Velcro tank strap with a standard cam band. it started to get stretched out and the Velcro stuck to things.

I forgot to add that I also bought these and they work great. Use the yellow one for my Octo and the black one for my SPG/depth gauge.

The clip on the D rings just above the weight pockets. I also hang my DSMB from the left hand D ring.

JW

Back
Top Bottom