Zeagle Express Tech weighting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kuwerty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I'm looking at the Zeagle Express Tech (I'm coming from jacket BCDs) for single tank rec. diving. I'm viewing it as a nice light travel BC as I always have to travel to dive.

Presumably it's much lighter than a jacket BC and I'll need more weight to keep me from popping up. Any ideas how much more I'll be needing to carry?

What weights are people using with it? The ripcord system, weight pockets or something else? I guess what I'm looking for is just some idea of what I would need to get a decent setup with it.

TIA for any replies.

I have been diving mine for a few months now. I use a weightbelt and I also put a weight pocket on each camband. The XS pockets sold by Phil Ellis at Dive Right In scuba work very well. While not really necesary, but just to help balance things out, I have one tank strap going one way and one the other. This allowed me to put a pocket on each side and keep them nice and tight against the back. I drop a 3 in each one and I basically have my BPW weight. Also you may find that you DO NOT need as much weight since the Express has no padding that adds to the buoyancy of a bc. I added a crotch strap ( all of 3 bucks for soft 2 inch webbing at JoAnn Fabrics) and some drings. On the weight belt I use the same XS pockets mounted upside down. I have 4 of them on that because I'll use that belt with a skin or drysuit. That way since I wear it under the crotch strap I can pull the flap on one or more pockets and quickly dump weight without ditching the bc, belt, or undoing anything. Simple, streamlined, and best of all inexpensive!

I use the XS cam band pockets too. They work great. I use either a 3mm or just a rash guard and use either 6 or 8 lbs, so I don't use a weight belt. You'll love the Express Tech

Back
Top Bottom