Zeagle Flathead 7 VS DSZ-ZX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For twice the cost - will I notice a difference.

I am a new diver who wll probably dive a lot.

Down to about 50 degrees - but not often.

Most diving will be between 60-80 degrees and 80-130 ft.

Will there be a noticeable difference in the ease of breathing?
Will there be a noticeable difference in the service life?

I have read a lot of good things about both.

Thank You!

Hello manni,

I have 2 DSV's and 2 Flathead VI's, which are internally identical to the Flathead 7. I can tell you from personal experience with the two regs side by side in 125 feet of freezing cold great lakes water, that there is absolutely no noticeable difference between the two. Infact, if the Flathead is out of tune, and the DSV is working to spec, it will breathe smoother than the FH.

When I was debating which regs to buy, I spoke to the engineer at Zeagle who designed them, and he told me that you would have to be 250 feet or more before you started to notice any difference between the two regs.

I bought the FH VI's because my shop offered me a really insanely good deal on them as an end of season blowout, and I actually got them for less than my DSV's. I use them on my doubles, the DSV's on my stages, several different Oceanic's on my single tank regs for myself and my Fiancee. I have owned Scubapro's, Aqualungs, Dacors, Poseidon's in the past, but if I had to do it all over again, I would buy DSV's for all of my regs.

As for service life, it will be identical for both regs, as they use the same internal parts and service kits, the difference being that the path of airflow in the FH is slightly more direct through the first stage, which is why is scores higher on breathing machines, but you'd never notice it.

Hope that helps,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom