Zeagle Flathead LT; its first dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pazz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
In January I purchased a new Flathead LT. I have become strictly a warm water diver so an environmental seal was not necessary. Also, my diving now begins with a plane ticket; therefore, I wanted a quality lightweight and durable regulator (e.g. survive dive resort and travel abuse). The LT fit my requirements. My previous regulators have included an Apeks ATX 200 and an Atomic B1 (dove this reg at Bikini). My first trip with the LT was to Borneo this March where I spent seven days diving Mabul and Sipadan islands. The following review is provided:

1. According to Zeagle the dry weight of the LT is 2.5 lbs/1.13kg. The Z second stage comes with a 30 inch Miflex hose. I also use a Zeagle Envoy octopus (36 inch Miflex hose)) and a Zeagle Slimline console. This setup traveled very nicely in my carry-on. FYI, I had my regulator, wrist computer, small torch, camera, housing, mask, batteries and charger in my carry-on and had no problems with airport security at Incheon (Seoul), Kota Kinabalu and Tawau airports.
2. When I first got the LT I liked its appearance. It has a solid look to it. And, as I looked at it on a daily basis on a tank in the dive boat I liked its appearance even more (except the day when they set up my reg upside down?).
3. The water temperature was routinely 85 degrees F./29 C. and my max depth on this trip was only 96 feet/29 meters. The regulator breathed just fine at all depths and in all positions. At times I found myself upside down in order to take a picture. On one dive (Barracuda Point) for one minute or so I did have to fin against a relatively strong current and again the LT breathed just fine. It was also a dry breather.
4. The resistance control knob and the venturi lever were easy to adjust; even while wearing gloves for my Mabul muck dives (e.g. Seaventures Platform dive).
5. I used the original mouthpiece, and it was not bad, but for personal reasons I will probably install a Seacure.
6. The hose routing, along with the Miflex hoses, made for very comfortable diving.

If the LT lives up to Zeagle's reputation for durability, for years to come I will be a happy diver.

In January I purchased a new Flathead LT. I have become strictly a warm water diver so an environmental seal was not necessary. Also, my diving now begins with a plane ticket; therefore, I wanted a quality lightweight and durable regulator (e.g. survive dive resort and travel abuse). The LT fit my requirements. My previous regulators have included an Apeks ATX 200 and an Atomic B1 (dove this reg at Bikini). My first trip with the LT was to Borneo this March where I spent seven days diving Mabul and Sipadan islands. The following review is provided:

1. According to Zeagle the dry weight of the LT is 2.5 lbs/1.13kg. The Z second stage comes with a 30 inch Miflex hose. I also use a Zeagle Envoy octopus (36 inch Miflex hose)) and a Zeagle Slimline console. This setup traveled very nicely in my carry-on. FYI, I had my regulator, wrist computer, small torch, camera, housing, mask, batteries and charger in my carry-on and had no problems with airport security at Incheon (Seoul), Kota Kinabalu and Tawau airports.
2. When I first got the LT I liked its appearance. It has a solid look to it. And, as I looked at it on a daily basis on a tank in the dive boat I liked its appearance even more (except the day when they set up my reg upside down?).
3. The water temperature was routinely 85 degrees F./29 C. and my max depth on this trip was only 96 feet/29 meters. The regulator breathed just fine at all depths and in all positions. At times I found myself upside down in order to take a picture. On one dive (Barracuda Point) for one minute or so I did have to fin against a relatively strong current and again the LT breathed just fine. It was also a dry breather.
4. The resistance control knob and the venturi lever were easy to adjust; even while wearing gloves for my Mabul muck dives (e.g. Seaventures Platform dive).
5. I used the original mouthpiece, and it was not bad, but for personal reasons I will probably install a Seacure.
6. The hose routing, along with the Miflex hoses, made for very comfortable diving.

If the LT lives up to Zeagle's reputation for durability, for years to come I will be a happy diver.

Can I ask you why you bought the Zeagle if you already have an Apeks and Atomic regulators?

Adam

Sold them both. It was time for a new regulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom