Zeagle Flathead XP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SephirothQ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently got a Zeagle Flathead XP regulator. I admit that I did not do enough research at first, I saw the name Zeagle and Flathead and thought this must be a good regulator. After doing some research I learned the XP model is not environmentally sealed, but it is similar to a Flathead VI. I am not going into the reasons of wanted it environmentally sealed and that is not part of the post.

My question is can a XP model be environmentally sealed and if so can it be done for a reasonable price? Or would i be better off to just get one that is sealed? I have a Flathead 7 now but i was looking for a spare for a set of doubles, and or to use it as a pony reg.

The XP , and all diaphram regulators, are by nature of their design environmentally sealed.
IF you will be using it in water temperature that could in fact freeze solid the water in the spring chamber, you might have reason to environmentally seal the spring chamber. This is the primary difference between the FH6 and the XP.
You can have a XP converted to a FH6 (We convert them bothways) and if you do you will also need the heat exchanger for the 2nd stage. The heat exchanger replaces the black plastic spacer between the hose and the regulator body. It might be a 100 dollar job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom