Zeagle for twin tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DomaNitrogen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey,

I am fairly new to diving and i am buying my gear. I want to invest in something that will last more then 5 year i know zeagle is the way to go. But my qustion is i dont know what kind of diving i might do in the future so i wanted teck/ranger BCD so when i am ready to go into more series diving my gear can take. But a instructor of mine dives with Stiletto and he tolled me just buy Stiletto and change the bladder for bigger lift for the twin tanks.

But the Zeagle site said its single cylinder. I dont know if thats true or not but. The problem with tech/ranger to much money for me.

So is my instructor correct ?

BR
Doma

It looks like your instructor is wrong. If you want the ability to go to doubles then you could buy the Zeagle Brigade, only from Scuabtoys. It is the Ranger setup with the 34lb bladder so you would have to buy the bigger bladder later. If you do order the Brigade ask for Larry and tell him you are a Scubaboarder, he gives us a discount when possible.

Personally if I was really looking into tech diving or at least doubles, I would go for a back plate. Check out Zeagles site.

crpntr133:
It looks like your instructor is wrong. If you want the ability to go to doubles then you could buy the Zeagle Brigade, only from Scuabtoys. It is the Ranger setup with the 34lb bladder so you would have to buy the bigger bladder later. If you do order the Brigade ask for Larry and tell him you are a Scubaboarder, he gives us a discount when possible.

Personally if I was really looking into tech diving or at least doubles, I would go for a back plate. Check out Zeagles site.

crpntr133 thanks for ur reply, I live in Egypt so scubatoys is out of reach :), But what i realy want to know the concept itself of zeagle single cylinder watever the model is by changing the bladder it could be used with doubles ?

BR
Adham

DomaNitrogen:
crpntr133 thanks for ur reply, I live in Egypt so scubatoys is out of reach :), But what i realy want to know the concept itself of zeagle single cylinder watever the model is by changing the bladder it could be used with doubles ?

BR
Adham

Scubatoys has a toll free number and I do believe that he has sent items overseas. I don't know if Cairo is one. If all else fails PM Scuabtoys here on SB, that is one of the owners.

Without knowing for sure how the stiletto is built I can't for sure say no but it sure doesn't look like it is possible. I think it is all in the way that the harness is built. I will PM ScottZeagle and let him know about this thread. He will know since he is part of the Zeagle family.

The reason I say that the Brigade will work is because it is the Ranger harness with a smaller bladder.

both hubby and i dive with the Zealge Tech BCD (not the tech pac) and he changes his over to twins easily and often without having to change the bladder. by memory (and correct me if im wrong someone), the bladder is a 65lb lift and he's a big guy also

LSL

That is true for the Tech, Ranger and Brigade but I don't think it will work for the Stiletto.

Thanks guys,

Well i am a little guy 144, i checked the Brigade looks Lovely i emailed scubatoys hopping to get a good deal but it's still pricey. But Concept,escape r cheaper and if they can take the twin tanks then i would buy them.

But i kind like Brigade so do u lend money in scubaBoard :D

Thanks crpntr133

BR
Doma

The Stiletto and Concept II BCs are made to hold single tanks only.

They do not have the grommets on the backplate to accept banded doubles.

The Tech and Ranger ARE capable of diving doubles.

Just noticed on the Zeagle web site. If you click on recreational BC's, they come up and just above the name of the BC's it clearly states "BC Systems for single cylinder use".
That answers the question..nope can't do doubles. So unless you are going to spend more money to at least get the Brigade you won't be diving doubles.

I PM'd Scott last night, he must be out for the weekend or he would have replied to this thread.

Too be honest with you I don't think you are going to find a BC that is going to be able to do doubles for the price of the Stiletto.

Too be honest 2 i want zeagle i respect them and i want them. Zeagle clear states that it's a single cyl BCD's but what the instructor said that by changing the baldder it can do twin tanks. i thought what he ment is kind of tweak to make it work. And even if it does work it's obviously without Zeagle's blessing So i guess it's useless trying to make it work.

Thanks for everyone and hope to see any of u guys in the RedSea if u need any kind of help just msg

Best Regards
Doma

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom