Zeagle help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shooter226:
ScottyFord, kinda has a ring to it. :D Now I would like a Harley Davidson pickup with the lighting motor in 4wd and 3/4 ton. Black of course.

Mark

My buddy Billy Howell already has the Ford market locked up!!

He is BHowell on Spearboard, if you wanna PM him for a deal!!!

:D

PS. Don't tell him I sent ya - he may charge you extra!!! :11:

dannobee:
Yes, they do know EXACTLY what truck you have, from trim and color options to powertrain options, and any other factory options you may have. They also have records for every part on the vehicle that was supplied by their vendors.
Don't believe me? Next time you need a part, go to the dealer armed with just the VIN. They'll get you the right part.

This just shows that the manufacturers know, by the serial number, not only when/where/who built their products, but where their "stuff" went after it left the factory.

I'm not sure where you guys got your facts but I can speak from the horses mouth since I work for Ford. After reading this horse beating I think crpntr133 is right on more facts than anyone.

I'm going to do like Scott did earlier and keep this brief for many reasons.
We can tell where a car/truck was built,engine and a few others by its VIN but other than that, not much. Paint and trim...why? I always like the email that goes around that says you can get a key made to any car if you have the VIN..LOL.

We can not tell who sold you the car by its VIN.

Most other issues that have been brought up don't even need to be answered since they are way off track.

Rick

before VIN numbers Ford had a mfg. code number under the hood in the 50's .... this did tell the color the car was when manfuctured ... in cars shows now they count points off if the car being showed is not the orginal color .... also true with Chevy ... brother-in-law had a 59 corvette that the color code was not correct for that vintage and year ... lost 5 points at the show due to this error on his part of painting the car a different color.

Quasimodo:
I'm not sure where you guys got your facts but I can speak from the horses mouth since I work for Ford. After reading this horse beating I think crpntr133 is right on more facts than anyone.

I'm going to do like Scott did earlier and keep this brief for many reasons.
We can tell where a car/truck was built,engine and a few others by its VIN but other than that, not much. Paint and trim...why? I always like the email that goes around that says you can get a key made to any car if you have the VIN..LOL.

We can not tell who sold you the car by its VIN.

Most other issues that have been brought up don't even need to be answered since they are way off track.

Rick

The GM system is called VISS, and it does exactly what I said. I could provide a link to the site, but everything requires a GM supplied username and password. Maybe you can google it?
We CAN tell who sold you the car (and who it was originally shipped to) by its VIN. And we can cut a key with just the VIN. (GM issued a bulletin telling us not to cut keys using the VIN unless the customer can provided ID and registration that match.) Why trim and paint? Trucks might be made at 5 different plants and the seats might be made by 3 different vendors, all with slightly different fabrics. How would you get the right one?
And since I work at a multi carline dealer, I can tell you that the other manufacturers that I work with have similar systems. Ever tried to cut a key for a Lexus?
Just because Ford doesn't provide you with the information, don't think that other manufacturers are similar.

If you can supply a VIN for a GM vehicle to me by PM, I'd be happy to run a VISS and fax you a copy of the info, just to prove my point.

ScottZeagle:
My buddy Billy Howell already has the Ford market locked up!!
He is BHowell on Spearboard, if you wanna PM him for a deal!!!
:D
PS. Don't tell him I sent ya - he may charge you extra!!! :11:

Call him Bill, not Billy, or he'll charge you extra for sure! :D (Billy is his dad.)

Chad

If I bought a car from someone other than x-ring he would shoot me.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom