Zeagle help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joeg:
Hey Mart,
What was the out come on your Regulator ?
I have an Envoy Deluxe with a ZX Octo. They have been great.

Joeg

Scott took great care of me. My regulator is already back. I think it was gone six days. I have not had a chance to get it back in the water yet but am looking forward to it.

crpntr133:
Would be like a auto plant being able to tell that I have my truck and where I buoght it just from the VIN.

They can and do. Given a VIN number they know everything from the date it was built and sold, the dealer shipped to, the dealer who sold it (some vehicles are "dealer traded," so the two might not be the same dealer), to the complete service history when completed at any dealer. Vehicle manufacturers also have a legal duty to track the vehicle to the current owner for any recalls.

dannobee:
They can and do. Given a VIN number they know everything from the date it was built and sold, the dealer shipped to, the dealer who sold it (some vehicles are "dealer traded," so the two might not be the same dealer), to the complete service history when completed at any dealer. Vehicle manufacturers also have a legal duty to track the vehicle to the current owner for any recalls.

But they don't know exactly what truck I have. They know the make and model so they can issue recalls. Can we let a dead horse die?

crpntr133:
But they don't know exactly what truck I have. They know the make and model so they can issue recalls. Can we let a dead horse die? [/QU Aren't "dead horses" recycled into glue or dog food ? We're just trying to recycle this post into a useful discussion of problems of buying and getting service on the "grey" market and how one manfuctor is trying to solve the problem.

crpntr133:
But they don't know exactly what truck I have. They know the make and model so they can issue recalls.

Yes, they do know EXACTLY what truck you have, from trim and color options to powertrain options, and any other factory options you may have. They also have records for every part on the vehicle that was supplied by their vendors.
Don't believe me? Next time you need a part, go to the dealer armed with just the VIN. They'll get you the right part.

This just shows that the manufacturers know, by the serial number, not only when/where/who built their products, but where their "stuff" went after it left the factory.

dannobee:
This just shows that the manufacturers know, by the serial number, not only when/where/who built their products, but where their "stuff" went after it left the factory.

I really don't think you can compare a small dive equiment manufacturer with Chevrolet of Ford - but I am flattered that you tried!!

:D

ScottZeagle:
I really don't think you can compare a small dive equiment manufacturer with Chevrolet of Ford - but I am flattered that you tried!!

:D

ScottyFord, kinda has a ring to it. :D Now I would like a Harley Davidson pickup with the lighting motor in 4wd and 3/4 ton. Black of course.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom