Zeagle-LDS ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man...I always thought that Zeagles were just rebadged Poseidons....I mean, how can you not see the simliarities??? :wink:

I have to say, having a bit of experience in fluid control, the post-Apeks Zeagle regs are nice. The HP valve is a vast improvement (IMHO, at least) over the old knife edge style.

As for why the other brands get pushed....how are the dive shop owners supposed to have Zeagle regs to dive if they sell them all? I'd keep the best for myself, too :wink:

7milehi:
A LDS and a couple of semi-LDS that are all authorized Zeagle dealers never seem to push the Zeagle regulators. I was interested in the Flathead VI but all 3 shops tried to sell me another brand. None had anything bad to say about the Zeagle regs but they just seemed to push other brands. To the best of my knowledge everything I've read about the Zeagle regulators have been very positive so why do DS's try to push other brands? Is the profit margin smaller, less dealer incentives, or something else the reason they don't push the Zeagle regs ?

Sounds like your local shops are making more profit from the retail of other lines but are willing to service Zeagle. Sounds to me like scubatoys would be the perfect solution for reg purchase and then you have a number of service options.

Just spoke with a staff member at a DS in the Queeen City of the Tar Heel state. He is an authorized Zeagle dealer and was the first to actually kind of bad mouth Zeagle with some bs I think. He said Zeagle was made by PSI in Europe by the same people that make Apeks. He also said parts are not readily available for the Zeagle and if I had a failure in the caribbean I'm out of luck. This DS sells Aqualung, Atomic, Oceanic, SP, and Zeagle. He was really pushing the Oceanic regs first then the SP and then showed me an Atomic B2 which he called the Rolls Royce of regulators. Just another DS that steered me away from Zeagle

Maybe Zeagle needs to hire a few drop dead gorgeous sales reps and have them push the LDS's to push the Zeagle regs harder or offer some incentive program.

7milehi:
He also said parts are not readily available for the Zeagle and if I had a failure in the caribbean I'm out of luck.

Call scubatoys. He will sell the regulator and the parts to support it. Even if you are not a DIYer, you can carry the spare parts where ever you go. If you can find a regulator tech, it can be serviced.

An LDS near my house is a Zeagle dealer and doesn't carry any Zeagle regs in stock. Although they don't say anything "bad" about Zeagle regs, they certainly steer everyone away from the Zeagles and towards Apex and Aqualung products...which they always carry in stock.

I called ScubaToys to get my Envoy....and my Zeagle Zena for that matter. :wink: Never thought about buying a parts kit though to carry with me....might have to do that.

7milehi:
...He also said parts are not readily available for the Zeagle and if I had a failure in the caribbean I'm out of luck. This DS sells Aqualung, Atomic, Oceanic, SP, and Zeagle. He was really pushing the Oceanic regs first then the SP and then showed me an Atomic B2 which he called the Rolls Royce of regulators....

Yeah, he'd have some really great luck finding parts for one of those "Rolls Royce" regulators in the caribbean. Gawd, the things that come outta people's mouths! The only piece of Atomic gear I ever owned was an SS1, and it was a p.i.t.a.. Wouldn't stay adjusted for more than a few months before it would start leaking (pressurized) air from the mouthpiece, requiring a 2+ hr drive back to the shop where I bought it for adjustment. No thanks.

Once again I opened up a can of worms.....Scott, do you really machine those regs in Fl ?
When I was down your way ,when I did my IDC/IE(back a number of years) I was diving your gear and a guy in the class told me your factory was close to where he lived and said if I had time to drop in....I wish I would have...BTW, it is a nice reg !

BTW,I do have an Apexs "version" and as soon as I get it back from a guy that has it out on rent I will take it appart...again, and then compare it with the "clones". Sorry if I stepped on any feet.

Also, I will be stocking the Qxy in a couple of weeks.

Ron

scubatoys:
My only problem in selling zeagle regs, is at times over the last few months... we've run out. I was glad to hit the shop the other day and see that cases of them had shown up. If someone is looking for a diaphragm reg, with great customer support, and easy breathing second stages - the Zeagle line is normally where I turn.

And Scott... This bridge... How much?? And can you give me 90 day terms??:wink:
Nice Plug !! :)

Ron

Ron, you sure that you're not confusing Zeagle with DiveRite?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom