Zeagle Octo+ MkII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pitio

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I have a few questions regarding Zeagle Octo+ MkII.
I recentely purchased Zeagle Octo+ MkII for my new Brigade BC from ScubaToys.
By the way, they gave me an awsome deal!
It is my fault that I did not ask ScubaToys about the Octo+ before hand. Also I should have checked the forum before this purchase.
Based on some reviews I see from the threads and some recommendationshttp://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=91608 from Larry, I was bit warried about this purchase.

My questions are:

- Is the free flow problem really common issue to this Octo+?
- Has there been any improvement recently?

I really like the octo if all works.
I would like to try out. However, if the quality of the Octo is not good in general, I would like to return it before using it.

Any comment would be greatly appreciated

I use the Octo+, remember this is NOT a Zeagle made product, it is the only thing Zeagle still purchase from APEKS and re-badge Zeagle.

Overall its a pretty good Alternate, I find I need to keep the maintenance up on it, the Schroeder valve is susceptible to corrosion and needs to be cleaned regularly (not really a big job) The other thing I have found is if you push the purge button down to really hard it can lock the lever down causing an uncontrolled free flow, I have had this happen once only, and now only depress the purge button lightly.

Other than it breathes like a dream I have used it with another person breathing off my primary at 170ft without any trouble at all.

I hope Zeagle start to make their own Octo+/Air2, if they can do with it what they did to Apeks regs they will surly be onto a winner.

Cheers
Chris

Thank you for the advice!

I just talked to Larry at ScubaToys. He solved all my problems.
I am good and warry free!.

Thanks Larry,

Back
Top Bottom