Zeagle or Seac-Sub

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Wong

Reaction score
I have been using an Oceanic PX2/Alpha 7 reg setup for quiet some time now and love it very much. Have not failed me despite using it for 2 years and my rough handling. Due to service support and spare parts availability (Asia region), I would have to upgrade it. I am seriously considering either the Zeagle flathead 4 or Seac-Sub Diamond Ice (no problems for dealer serice support and spare parts for these 2). Would appreciate if anyone can provide a feedback or comment on the Flathead 4 or Diamond Ice. Thanks .

Scott,

What's the availability of parts for Zeagle regs in non-US countries? I own the DS-IV and think very highly of the reg, but there has been discussion on this board that says that parts and service is hard to come by outside of the US. Is this just misinformation?

In searching your site, there is only one Zeagle dealer in Malaysia. None in Thailand, where I plan to do a significant amount of my non-US diving. . . I like my Zeagle reg, and recommend them all the time, but since Tim's concern with his Oceanic was service availability, I wanted to get your input on the subject.

Thanks!

ae3753:
Scott,

What's the availability of parts for Zeagle regs in non-US countries? I own the DS-IV and think very highly of the reg, but there has been discussion on this board that says that parts and service is hard to come by outside of the US. Is this just misinformation?

In searching your site, there is only one Zeagle dealer in Malaysia. None in Thailand, where I plan to do a significant amount of my non-US diving. . . I like my Zeagle reg, and recommend them all the time, but since Tim's concern with his Oceanic was service availability, I wanted to get your input on the subject.

Thanks!

Scott,

Thanks for the correction. Anyway, is the dealer in Malaysia still active? Cause if they are, then they are within easy access.

ae3753,
You may want to check out Singapore. Happy diving. Watch out for sun burn.

If they are active I would go zeagle. Scott's boys make a good reg. I would have got one but Apeks is cheaper where I am. I think that it will be a while before you see someone taking the SeacSub reg over the zeagle. Flathead is the top of the line. Go for it. They have a great design that has improved since the days where apeks used to do it for them.

rescuediver009:
If they are active I would go zeagle. Scott's boys make a good reg. I would have got one but Apeks is cheaper where I am. I think that it will be a while before you see someone taking the SeacSub reg over the zeagle. Flathead is the top of the line. Go for it. They have a great design that has improved since the days where apeks used to do it for them.

Thanks for the info rescuediver009. When you said "Apeks is cheaper" do you mean the maintenance cost or the initial cash outlay in purchasing the reg set? There is an authorized Aqualung/Apeks dealer here in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia). I have not consired them because I was told the spare parts are much more expensive. Was I misinformed?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom