Zeagle Question for Scott

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, as you now already know, the dimensions are correct, but I agree that that seems like too big of a pocket...I had to go out and look at one myself to believe it.

Any suggestions on what size sport pocket you would like to see?

Scott

I modified the pocket that came with my Zena by cutting most of the mesh off (left about 3"), sewed it shut, melted the nylon so it wouldn't unravel, and called it good. It gave me about 2 full inches of extra space out the bottom of the pocket if I need it for longer items, but I can fit small things in it like a safety mirror, a rattle, a small slate, etc., and it's small enough that it doesn't interfere with my movement in any way.

I think adding pockets is tough on the Zena. IMHO, the "best place" for a pocket is where the weight integrated pockets are located, which obviously isn't an option. That leaves the front of the BC for locating pockets, which have to be strategically placed because of the D ring locations and the zipper. It's a tough one, huh?

I think the 9" is too long, personal choice. A 6" square with the 2 1/2" would be pretty nice I think.
I had fun trying to mount my knife two weeks ago. I wanted it on the BC and I didn't have much room on the Brigade shoulder strap (read just enough). I wanted it mounted commando style but couldn't do that.
About the only place that I could think of mounting another pocket would be on the buckle over the cumberbun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom