Zeagle Ranger LTD vs. Seaquest Pro QD with i3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
We've been very happy with Zeagle.
I bought a zeagle BC for my wife 15 yrs ago when integrated BCs were not as common.
Last week we needed a repair and Zeagle honored their lifetime warranty and gave us a new bladder pronto in time for a dive. I did have the original proof or purchase.
I was impressed by the lack of hassel, and was reminded of the importance of saving all receipts/warantees on scuba gear.

I dive a Ranger LTD and have nothing but positive feedback. Also dealing with Zeagle is always a pleasure, as you actually speak with a person.

I have taken the bc around the world and back, without always taking the best care of it, and it is still going strong.

I have dived all of Zeagles BCs and prefer this one by far.

Best Fishes,

Jillian

I dive the Ranger LTC, and love it. No experience with the i3 so i can't offer an opinion.

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments...you've sold me on the Ranger LTD! :)

When you go to buy, you might try scubatoys as they will give you a 10% discount if you call them and mention that you are a scubaboard member.

I bought my LTD last year. This will be my BC for life. It is the BEST there is. Forget the impostors, I know I have. Zeagle Ranger LTD all the way!!

I recently purchased the QD and have dived with it 4 times. I have used various traditional jacket style bc's up to now with most dives done with a Sherwood Avid. Here are my observations:
1. The Pro QD is a little bulkier than the Avid. This may affect your luggage for the vacation flight.
2. Once in the water it feels great. Easily held my head up on surface with no tendancy to push my face down even if I over-inflated.
3. On my very first dive with the Pro I found it easier to compensate than with traditional inflator systems.
4. Head up or head down I could release air without fumbling for a back vent.

This was done from boat in Monterey and Carmel with a 7mm wetsuit, steel 80's and 16 pounds ditchable and 4 lbs in non ditchable back weight pockets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom