Zeagle Ranger question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeC

Contributor
Reaction score
If I read the Zeagle web site correctly I can use the "Ballistic bladder assembly" from my Ranger with a backplate. Is that true will all Rangers or just the new ones? My Ranger is from 1994 or 1995, not sure if there was any changes since then. TIA

Mike,

You can use the Ranger bladder with a BP. The thing you need to check out is the "tabs" on the bladder cover - if they are metal, you should have no problem. However, if they are plastic (which we used for a while, but I really don't recall the years) then you need to send the bladder back to us. We will take off the plastic tabs and replace them with stainless steel at no charge!

Any other questions, feel free to ask!!!

Scott

MikeC:
If I read the Zeagle web site correctly I can use the "Ballistic bladder assembly" from my Ranger with a backplate. Is that true will all Rangers or just the new ones? My Ranger is from 1994 or 1995, not sure if there was any changes since then. TIA

Hi Mike
Check the attachment points on the bladder, the newer bladders use 4 Stainless Steel Triglides, if your bladder has these then yes you can bolt it onto the Zeagle Backplate, or use the "Zeagle Bladder insert" to attach your wing to any Backplate.

If it is the older style that uses plastic or only has the triglide on one side then you may need to modify your wing. PM me if you need to do this.

Damn Scott you beat me to it :wink:

Cheers
Chris

I have rigged the older Ranger bladders to a Zeagle BP using the web straps by threading them through the single tank band holes and getting the wing straps on the BP as well to keep the wing in close. The tank bands are able to still fit through the BP slots. The whole system worked out pretty good.

ScottZeagle:
Mike,

You can use the Ranger bladder with a BP. The thing you need to check out is the "tabs" on the bladder cover - if they are metal, you should have no problem. However, if they are plastic (which we used for a while, but I really don't recall the years) then you need to send the bladder back to us. We will take off the plastic tabs and replace them with stainless steel at no charge!

Any other questions, feel free to ask!!!

Scott
I've been trying to find a Zeagle back plate vendor for a while. I tried contacting Zeagle and got no reply. Can you help me? The Zeagle dealers in this area look at me like I am talking Greek when I ask for a back plate...

www.scuba.com has Zeagle backplates for $129. Click the "buoyancy compensators" link, then "BC accessories."

DrSteve:
I've been trying to find a Zeagle back plate vendor for a while. I tried contacting Zeagle and got no reply. Can you help me? The Zeagle dealers in this area look at me like I am talking Greek when I ask for a back plate...

We also carry them, just haven't gotten them on the page yet...

The nearest local Zeagle dealers to Chesapeake, VA is Dive Quarters in VA Beach and Wreck Masters in VA Beach.

You could also try Underwater Adventure in Hampton, VA.

If they don't have them in stock, they can easily order one. They are in stock and can ship asap.

If you need addresses or phone #'s for these stores, check out www.zeagle.com or drop me a PM.

Thanks,

Scott

ScottZeagle:
The nearest local Zeagle dealers to Chesapeake, VA is Dive Quarters in VA Beach and Wreck Masters in VA Beach.

You could also try Underwater Adventure in Hampton, VA.

If they don't have them in stock, they can easily order one. They are in stock and can ship asap.

If you need addresses or phone #'s for these stores, check out www.zeagle.com or drop me a PM.

Thanks,

Scott
Thanks Scott. I've called Wreck Masters and they don't stock them. Dive Quarters LMFAO...don't even get me started about that place - they are overpriced and useless! But I will check out Underwater Adventure!

DrSteve:
Thanks Scott. I've called Wreck Masters and they don't stock them. Dive Quarters LMFAO...don't even get me started about that place - they are overpriced and useless! But I will check out Underwater Adventure!

LOL...ok...I don't know the "particulars" of those dive shops, I just looked up who was around you!!! :wink:

Good luck with your search!

If you can't find one locally, I'm sure that someone on ScubaBoard will step up and take care of you...**cough, Larry**

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom