Zeagle Ranger question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottZeagle:
LOL...ok...I don't know the "particulars" of those dive shops, I just looked up who was around you!!! :wink:

Good luck with your search!

If you can't find one locally, I'm sure that someone on ScubaBoard will step up and take care of you...**cough, Larry**

:D

That's the thing - I have found non-local sources for them. But all back plates are not created equal - I want to be able to try one on before I purchase and have to deal with the hassels of returning etc.,

Sydney_Diver:
Hi Mike
Check the attachment points on the bladder, the newer bladders use 4 Stainless Steel Triglides, if your bladder has these then yes you can bolt it onto the Zeagle Backplate, or use the "Zeagle Bladder insert" to attach your wing to any Backplate.

If it is the older style that uses plastic or only has the triglide on one side then you may need to modify your wing. PM me if you need to do this.

Damn Scott you beat me to it :wink:

Cheers
Chris

Hey,

I have the zeagle ranger ltd with the stainless triglides and would be interested in the bladder insert to mount the wing on my Dive Rite backplate. Can you tell me where i might find one? I couldn't see it on the zeagle website.

Waren

HI Warren
Zeagle do make the baldder insert, I have a box full in the warehouse. Pm Scott at Zeagle I am sure he can send you one to your local Zeagle dealer.

They do work very well for mounting the Zeagle wings into any Backplate.

Cheers
Chris

What does the bladder insert look like, and how much does one cost?

Gday all
This is the Backplate adaptor from Zeagle. Allows you to connect the Zeagle wings in the traditional fashion to any backplate. As oppose to bolting them down on the Zeagle plates.

sorry for the poor photo I dont have my digi camera at work today.
Cheers
Chris

Chris,

Those aren't on the Zeagle website, or even in the Zeagle price list. We only make them for you Aussie folks!!

That being said, if there is a demand for them, I see no reason why we couldn't sell them domestically, but you guys will have to have your dive shop call for prices. I don't even know the part number, to be honest with you...
You better have them ask for me, as most of the other folks at Zeagle would have no idea what you are wanting!!!!

G'day, mate!

Scott

Hi Scott
Hmm I thought you would be selling them locally as well.
They work very well for mounting the Zeagle wings onto any plate.
However in saying I much prefer the bolt method Zeagle use in securing the wing to the Zeagle plate.
1: You don’t need an STA with singles
2: No movement in the wing
3: Less stitching to tear and fray under the load of twins.
4: The wings stay more horizontal when using them with a single tank as oppose to floating vertical that I see so often with other wing types.

We tend to sell them to guys over 6" that require a longer plate than the Zeagle but still want to use the Zegle wings.
Anyway they really work and we have sold quite a few.

Cheers
Chris

I would like to have a adaptor. I`ve been looking for something like that for a year.

do the holes have a 11in spacing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom