Zeagle Ranger v. Brigade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Do

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am strictly a rec diver. I have dived in the tropics, but will probably be doing most of my diving in the mid-Atlantic of the USA area. I am 6' and weigh 200 lbs. While I have rented a Ranger LTD and like it, is there any reason for me to pay the extra money to get a Ranger over a Brigade? What do I give up with the Brigade (what do I give up over the Ranger LTD?). Thanks.

With the LTD version, you get the added bells and whistles:

# Permanent Lumbar Pad
# Removable rear weight system
# Extra set of vertically mounted D-rings
# Two additional 1.5" D-rings at bottom rear of vest
# Tank bands designed to hold twin cylinder sets
# Zipper attachment system inside each wing of the bladder to accomodate a variety of different carriers i.e. pony bottles, spare air, etc.

The Brigade is the non-LTD version of the Ranger with a 35lbs lift instead of the 44lbs lift.

If you are doing doubles or heavily weighted (e.g. steel tanks, etc) perhaps the 44lbs bladder is something you want. In any case, the bladders are interchangeable.

:14:

Get the Brigade unless you can get the Ranger cheap. I have a Ranger and love it. It's not too much BC for rec diving. The Brigade air bladder is smaller. The air bladders are easily swapped so later on if you need a larger bladder get one and you only pay for the bladder instead of a new setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom