Zeagle Ranger vs. Stiletto vs. other options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for posting options I hadn't even considered. After reading and looking at the BC's linked, I think I'm still leaning towards the Stiletto or possibly the Transpac or the Deep Matrix. One of the reasons I'm looking at the Stiletto is that's it's smaller than my Ranger but has the integrated weights/Ripcord.

I'll probably just use my 65' bladder for doubles. Seems like too much for the Stiletto. And most of my diving will still be single tank warm diving, I'm just now looking into the possibility of dependent doubles to increase my bottom time at shallow (+/- 30-40') depths. Which is where I mostly film.

As mentioned I can always buy a plate for doubles if I do that. Has anyone added the Zeagle plate to their Ranger - how did that work out? Did you mount doubles prior to getting the plate using just the Zeagle kit? I'm curious about the tank stability before/after?

One question: Do you need to use the crotch strap for the Transpac or the Matrix? Does it ride up without it? I dive in a swimsuit so I can't see how that would be very comfortable.

shark.byte.usa:
Dude! 65lbs. of lift for no wetsuit singles diving :11:
At the time I was thinking doubles. So it seemed like a good option at the time - I wasn't really thinking size or bulk. Actually the extra lift came in handy once to lift something off the bottom.

P.S. You might want to go to Saguaro and check out the Transpac and Dive Rite options, and remember they match online pricing (God Bless em') :D, and PM booth22 his wife dives a Transpac.
I've got to get out there after Christmas. So far the Transpac is on the short list.

sjspeck:
One question: Do you need to use the crotch strap for the Transpac or the Matrix? Does it ride up without it? I dive in a swimsuit so I can't see how that would be very comfortable.

Read this thread.

I don't notice it in a 1mm and it has a little foam rubber pad.

sjspeck:
I'm not sure about the Transpac, but the crotch strap on the Matrix is very easy to remove. However, I used to dive the Matrix and I never found the crotch strap uncomfortable, regardless of what I was wearing (or not wearing) for exposure protection. The webbing is soft and very easy to adjust.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom