Zeagle Regs/Octos (and LP vs. ScubaToys)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe mentioned nothing about matching their price!! I mentioned their price and he then started talking about the above.

watchoutheyspit:
Joe mentioned nothing about matching their price!! I mentioned their price and he then started talking about the above.

Just shout at me on Monday, and I'll get you set up... I won't be there over the weekend... It's my fathers birthday on fathers day and I'm sneaking up to Wisconsin to surprise him... He was born June 19, 1919... so me just showing up may cause a heart attack... but if he makes it through, I'll be in on Monday! :wink:

RLarsen:
Correction.....Check out the Zeagle DS-V, a great choice.
Rex
I was leaning toward the 50 because I like the swivel. You've good experiences with the V though?

crpntr133:
Dude, the regs AND a bag.

Of the two that you posted about I would go with scubatoys for sure. Zeagle regs, good choice as well.

Forget the bag, I'd take Scubatoys great customer service and the fact that they offer a real manufacturers warranty any day.

To the original poster: How cold is cold to you? I've taken my lower end Zeagle Envoy into water that's 48-50 degree's several times and haven't had a freeflow or any other problems.

Kriterian:
To the original poster: How cold is cold to you? I've taken my lower end Zeagle Envoy into water that's 48-50 degree's several times and haven't had a freeflow or any other problems.
Unfortunately, I won't know how cold, cold is for another year when I find out where I'll be going next, big difference between Canadian diving and Malta. It sounds like anything that's too cold for the Envoy to handle probably would also be drysuit diving, which I'm not certified for anyway. Thanks for the info.

I dive with a Zeagle Envoy everyday. Honestly, I think it works great and its a very comfortable reg. I work closely with Zeagle and have actually gone to their factory to take my service tech class there. After taking the class, I realized just how important it is to the engineers at Zeagle for their regs and any other gear to work not only right, but at its top performance for the life of it.

On the subject of cold, I know that Zeagle takes their regs to the Artic i believe it is to test them. And, well, they work. No worries there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom