Zeagle Regulator services

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaaaronh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay Zeagle explain this to me. I have had zeagle regs for nearly 12 years Most of those years Jack at Great Lakes scuba serviced my gear. I always got free parts as long as i had my regs serviced yearly. I had a tech 50 d and did the trade in program a couple years ago just as it was ending. I now have the zx 50 d. With Jacks passing a couple years ago i started using another zeagle shop Advance scuba in holland. Again getting free parts as long as doing my services with 12 months. Well with the economy Tim closed shop mid summer. So i am on to shop three Aquatic Adventures in Brighton MI. I dropped my regs and in chit chatting about getting my wife a new reg they said there was only a two year warranty and they dont honor anything passed and havent since 2001. I told them they need to read further that i remember reading about the parts. :

this is what is says:
10. There is a program separate from the warranty in the USA where Service Kit parts are exchanged between the Authorized Zeagle Dealer and Zeagle at no charge. The Authorized Zeagle Dealer can then at their discretion pass these on to the original retail owner at no charge. This program is NOT part of the warranty as these part from the Service Kit have not failed, they are just recommended for replacement during the annual service interval. By choice, not all Zeagle Distributors in the world participate in this program. No matter where it was purchased, if a regulator is brought into an Authorized Zeagle Dealer in a part of the world that does not participate in this Service Kit exchange program, then the retail customer is not entitled to a free Service Kit. Outside of the USA, contact your region's Zeagle Distributor for information on whether or not they participate in this program. You can find sources for this information in your part of the world by going to the Zeagle Dealer Locator .

They are saying that they dont have to give me free parts that it is up to the store and they go two years. With discussing it with them they seem reluctant to do free parts but may do so. I am ready to go get me regs tomorrow. I am kind of getting tired of trying to find a reputable Zeagle dealer in Michigan. The one closet to my house is a rip off no name mentioned here. they dont even work on the regs in their shop. They are shipping them out with the added cost to the customer for shipping. I am a little frustrated here. Please give me an answer soon.

If you are supposed to get free annual kits can someone from zeagle call the store (Aquatic Adventures in Brighton MI) ASAP and explain to kim what the deal is.

With other brands, at least, retailers are independent businesses and can pretty much do as they please subject to the dealer agreement. So there may be little Zeagle can do other than encourage the shop to take advantage of the offer to attract and satisfy customers. If you can't find a local dealer who participates, give scubatoys a call.

I have had nothing but problems with my LDS about this as well, they insist that our Flathead 7 isn't eligible for free parts, but last year was the zinger, now they're insisting the free parts are only every TWO years! To top it all off, I had printed off PMs with Scott saying that the free parts are ANNUAL, even including HIS and another Zeagle employee's phone numbers to call with questions!! When I asked if they had called Scott or the other guy, they LIED and said yes. ARGH!!

So as much as I like my LDS for the small stuff and would love to support them otherwise, our regs will be going to ScubaToys for their annual service from now on. Not only will I save a bunch of money as ScubaToys is 1/2 the price of our LDS, but I won't get hassled with the whole parts thing every single year.

I really believe that some shops just don't care and try to get money any way they can from the customer. Believe me, Scuba Toys is your best bet.......and they'll probably have your regs service and back to you faster than your LDS to boot!!

Sorry for the confusion over your service parts. As you recall, when you were here to drop off your regs, we looked up the warranty program together, and we gave you a copy. Once we looked into it with you, we realized that you were entitled to free service parts under Zeagle's parts replacement program, and assured you that we would honor that program. I reiterated that when you called the next day. Rest assured that you will not be charged for the service parts kits. We appreciate your business, and once again appologize for the confusion.

Best regards,

Tom

Thanks for the reply on here. I posted this right after i left the shop friday night to make sure the parts warranty was that way and it wasn't something going on with a couple shops. After i got to my parents house and reread number 10 i found it confusing as to how it was supposed to work and was looking for a little clarification. I will see you in a couple weeks to pick them up. I have found my new dive shop since tim is no longer in business. Even though it means a two hour drive. Thank you Tom. Thanks again Scott i appreciate your time also in the matter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom