Zeagle Ripcord - Mis-threading???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The lift on a Ranger is 44lbs (or at least it use to be) .
The PADI LDS here, a Zeagle dealer, requires the students to use a regualar weight belt for the pool dives.

herman:
The PADI LDS here, a Zeagle dealer, requires the students to use a regualar weight belt for the pool dives.
Yeah, no reason to let the lead fall out and chip the bottom of the pool during a training dive.

I have the "Yellow Weight Thinggies" in my Brigade. Makes finding the weight a lot easier if you release them, and the pouches make handing the weights off at the surface a little simpler.

-Brandon.

herman:

Correct (as usual) Herman. A standard Ranger comes with a 44 lb bladder.

I believe that a lot of places require you to drop a weight belt in the pool classes, but I don't know about every Zeagle dealer or dive shop...

I have a Zeagle Escape... and likewise for my PADI OW... I wore a weight belt for ditching, removing and replacing belt UW etc. But I have actually used the yellow bags to pull out the weights and add 2lbs U/W works great!

I highly recommend everyone try the rip cord at least once when they first get it... I think it gives you a lot more confidence in the system and you understand how the thing works!

Humu-out-of-Water:
Question about the ripcord on the Zeagle: Has anyone used it for their OW cert? If so, what did they do for the exercise on dumping weights? I had got my Zeagle Ranger while I was going though my OW. I still had the rental (with pull-out pouches) so I used that when we had to practice dumping out weights in the lake. Just curious.

ALSo, I can't seem to find the Lift info on my Rager... Zeagle-Scott (or anyone) do you know where I can find it?

Cheryl

Yeah, I would think it would be a PITA in that situation. I thought about that when I got mine home and started playing with it. Fortunately, already certified prior to buying BC.

And also the ones that you throw the whole unit away when something major goes wrong with it.

stevead:
the people saying don't buy a zeagle the pockets are impossible to re-thread are the ones trying to sell you a bc with the pockets you throw away in an emergency

If you can lace your shoes, you can rethread the ripcord. Can't believe some people would actually say it's difficult.

-Brandon.

Last year, I purchased a new Zena for my GF. After pulling the ripcord and rethreading it a few times I noticed that the ripcord didn't seem to go past the final grommet/loop very far. While it did make it into the loop, it didn't clear it by much. I promptly took pictures and emailed them to Scott. I ended up shipping the BC back to Zeagle where they replaced the cord and had it back to me in less than a week.

Now that's service!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom