Zeagle Scout and Pony bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peterdev

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Zeagle

I have the Scout BC in medium size and I was wondering if the Pony bottle band kit 8029HD would work on this BC?

Also – will it hold the Catalina 13cu ft tank or is this too short?

Thanks

Here is a Zeagle Scout with a HP 100, and me holding a Catalina 13 next to it.
hope this helps.

IMG_1154.jpg

I've heard that our 8029HD bands don't quite fit a 13 cu ft cylinder, it's a bit too skinny. But I can't say for sure since we don't have any 13 cu ft cylinders over here.

The intention of the 8029HD pony bottle bands were for 20 cu ft cylinders primarily so they were sized accordingly. I would love to hear if anyone has done it though (successfully or not) so I can answer the next guy a little better.

EDIT: I got too focused on the picture and forgot to answer the first question. Yes, the 8029HD bands will fit onto the Scout BC. The Scout uses the same two tank bands as all of our other BCs (except the Covert) so the 8029HD bands will fit just fine.

Last edited:
@jcaplins - I really appreciate you taking the time to reply and post the picture - it def answers one question - the 13cu ft tank is not too short.

@JeffZeagle - the Catalina 13 and 19 cu ft cylinders both have a diameter of 4.38in - is there any way you can simulate this in your facility and advise if it will work? Only when you go to the 30 cu ft Catalina is the diameter larger - at 5.25 in diameter.

@JeffZeagle - the Catalina 13 and 19 cu ft cylinders both have a diameter of 4.38in - is there any way you can simulate this in your facility and advise if it will work? Only when you go to the 30 cu ft Catalina is the diameter larger - at 5.25 in diameter.

Using more mathematics than I ever wanted to admit to my teachers I would use in real life I can tell you the 20 cu ft cylinders we get from Catalina have a diameter of approximately 5.25in (circumference of 16.25in, divide by pi, write apology letter to math instructor for cussing at them in high school...:confused4:). Unfortunately I don't have anything around that can simulate a 4.38in diameter cylinder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom