Zeagle Scout BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kennyscot

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Scott:

What is the straight stuff on the Zeagle Scout BC. Is it new and improved for 2007? Was it discontinued? Reason I'm asking as I'm looking for a light compact travel BC. Don't need alot of whistles and bells. Please let me know what is going on.

Thanks

Thanks for clearing all that up...What are if any of the new improvements

Also with the rear mounted weights is there any problem with trim stability..rolling over..top heavy..
Looks like a good deal. I may just become a Zeagle diver
Thanks

Ken Scott

I saw the new, remodeled Scout this past weekend at Beneath the Sea. The thing that I didn't really get is why add pockets and the big cumberband when they aren't pockets that can hold weights.

If I was buying today I would probably not go for the new Scout. If they all come with the standard cumberband and pockets now then I'd want pockets that are weight pockets.

Ken, I have been diving one of the old Scouts for several years. My experience is if I keep the weight down to 10 lbs or less I don't find having all of it in the rear a problem. More than that and it can be a problem but you just add a weight belt if needed.

scubawife:
I saw the new, remodeled Scout this past weekend at Beneath the Sea. The thing that I didn't really get is why add pockets and the big cumberband when they aren't pockets that can hold weights.

If I was buying today I would probably not go for the new Scout. If they all come with the standard cumberband and pockets now then I'd want pockets that are weight pockets.

The waist panels (cummerbund) are removable....if a person doesn't want to use them, they are not required.

The biggest complaint we got with the "old" Scout was the lack of pockets for a signal tube, small dive light, etc... The utility pockets were added simply due to customer demand.

I have been diving the old model Scout for 5 years now and really love it. I plan on picking up the the new model for my wife. My question is if it would be possible to order the new version with a 35lb bladder like many of your other models?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom